Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with bimaps plz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, im trying to create a menu system for a game im making and i know a bit about bitmaps but it hard for me to understand the whole image and bitmap thing. I already have the files so all i want to know is:
Background: I loaded a bitmap without a number. The backgroud has a border and buttons already on it but there are two spaces on the sides. I need a couple pictures loaded and positioned into the spaces, then i need them to fade in and fade out so it looks good. then another set of images will do the same and it loops untill you do something in the menu. how would i do this? PLZ help. sorry if its not enough info.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2003 00:41
Sprites would be the easiest way. Then you have individual elements that you can affect as you please. The bitmap method would restrict you somewhat, and can be slow when it comes to manipulating them.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2003 06:33
Hi Avenger,
The bitmaps had me confused at first too. The way I started to look at them, is you could always use bitmap 0 to load bitmaps at the top corner of the screen, but 1-32 are just for editing. If you want to have the user interact with pictures (ie: click on button, menu opens up) load your bitmaps with LOAD IMAGE, then like BatVink said put them on the screen as sprites.

hope I helped,
Juvy

Juvenile Industries
Current Project: The First Room (FPS)
Side Projects: SHIPWRECK, the boss's school project

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:23:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:23:51