Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Help 3ds Max is killing me.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I recently Decided to use 3ds Max to try my hand at building char models for my company. As I have made an amazing model, meshed it out and so fourth. It comes to my attention ... after i have finished no less... that to import this model into my game via Hero Engine I need to change the Materials to HERO materials, and yet even after DOING THAT, i still only see bright flashing rainbows when i implement the model via, the repository.

Please explain what kinds of things might cause this problem, and some solutions. As i am fairly new to this. Thanks for your time.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Probably something to do with UV mapping.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 27th May 2013 03:27
Well this is not 3ds max problem then, this is a Hero Engines problem. I do not know anything about the engine, sorry, but I thought I would bring that up to you. Good luck

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2013 00:56 Edited at: 10th Aug 2013 00:58
Did you bake the materials to the model prior to export? Some engines have problems with materials that are not baked on and some don't.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 17:14:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 17:14:49