Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What can i use in dbp to play avi files? I've created an intro movie in maya and wanted to play that in my game as the intro and perhaps the ending credits as well.

thanks
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2003 02:03
don't quite know about dbp, but i am sure it is simialiar to dbc....probably use; LOAD ANIMATION name,number
then use cammands; PLAY ANIMATION; LOOP ANIMATION; etc.

again, don't know the exact syntax in dbp, but it should be simaialiar to what i have....

hope i helped

Bishop

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
sybixsus
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem with AVI is that your game movies will only work if the player has the correct codec installed to play the movies. Which means you really have to distribute the codec with your game ( otherwise people will just assume the game doesn't work instead of reading the note on your website or in the readme that tells them where to get the codec ) and that makes the download bigger. Plus it's not legal to distribute all codecs; Some you probably can distribute.

I guess what I'm saying is : choose your codec very carefully.
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2003 03:05
oh sorry....i thought you were asking as to the syntax

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
sybixsus
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you were on the right track, Bishop, I think that is what he wanted. I just wanted to make sure he picked the right codec before setting off on a long Maya render session.
_GTP
Years of Service
User Offline
yup i didnt have to download or use any special codec and i havent downloaded any codecs in the past to this machine so i'm guessing it should just use the windows codecs that exist to play it.

i created this animation using flash anyway and then exported to avi so i hope it will work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:45:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:45:46