Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Hi all, and question regarding EZRotate plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2013 21:35 Edited at: 23rd May 2013 02:22
Hi all,

I've just started with dbpro a couple of days ago. I've previously done a bit of hobby 2D game programming using c# and XNA and now I want to have a bash at 3D. I struggled with the steep (for me) learning curve that came with moving to 3D programming in XNA so I thought I'd give dbpro a try as I've read good stuff about it.

I've got an object, with camera follow, moving around on a matrix and following the matrix height, but I can't figure out how to align the object to the slope of the ground.

Looking at the blurb for the EXRotate plugin it seems that it might have a function to enable me to do the object to ground alignment easily.

Before I shell out my hard earned readies, can anyone who has used EZRotate confirm whether on not it has that functionality?

Here's my code snippet for moving an object over a matrix with the camera following it, in case it's of any use to someone. (I searched for ages and couldn't find a working example myself, so I had to work it out the hard way )

So far I'm really liking dbpro, really glad I decided to switch, however I might use the GDK and c# instead, as I'm more comfortable with something a bit more structured.

Anyway thanks for reading, and I'm sure I'll have more questions soon
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2013 00:02
Quote: "get ground height(1,object position x(1),object position z(1))+5 , object position z(1)"

I havn't realy used DBP that much, but shouldn't the middle object position z(1) be object position y(1) instead. Seing as y is the height and z is the "depth".

Also, you may want to try posting this in the Dark basic board instead since this board is for 3d modelling.
Munchy2007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2013 02:19
Hey Zoq2,

yes you are right, that was a typo (I've corrected it now, thx), and yes I realised after I'd posted that it was probably in the wrong section as all the other topics seemed to be about modelling.

I'm new to the forum and saw 3D chat and assumed as this was a 3D problem I should post it here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 04:42:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 04:42:55