Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Wizard options don't appear, can't get project to link correctly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've decided to give up on my quest to get DarkGDK to compile for MingW (for now) and just decided to try it on visual c++ first. Unfortunately, I followed the instructions on the website and, while everything seemed to install correctly, the "Wizard" options for darkGDK don't exist when I select New Project.

My first reflex was, "Well how hard can it be?" but I can't seem to get it to link right at all. I'm thinking it has something to do with linking to directX, but I'm not too certain.

Could someone walk me through, step by step, how to set up a project in vc++ manually? Or if you know a solution to get the wizards working, that will work too.

Thanks for your help!

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2013 01:52
I set it up on VC 2008 and it works fine. I tried on 2010 could not get it working and went back to 2008. MingW? Are you trying to use it with code blocks or something like that?

I tried setting it up in the newer version of Dev c by just adding the include and link files. You may have to re-compile the source or something like that. Something that is a little beyond me right now. Not really beyond me just something I have never tried! I don't see why it would not work if you re-compile it with your compiler of choice then set up the include and link files. Just my thoughts, I may be wrong but it may be something you may want to try.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
I tried setting it up in the newer version of Dev c by just adding the include and link files. You may have to re-compile the source or something like that. Something that is a little beyond me right now. Not really beyond me just something I have never tried! I don't see why it would not work if you re-compile it with your compiler of choice then set up the include and link files. Just my thoughts, I may be wrong but it may be something you may want to try. "

That was my first thought, but I couldn't get the source to even compile correctly. And yeah, I'm more familiar with code::blocks and wanted to just stick to a single compiler.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
Dragon slayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2013 04:35
I tried it but went back to vs. I have not tried to compile is in that newer version of Dev-C. I am sure someone here knows how to do it. I saw it in a post somewher on here that it can be re-compiled and used with any compiler.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 06:37:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 06:37:52