Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Phenom MP FPS - Frag Movie!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 26th May 2013 00:20 Edited at: 26th May 2013 00:21
As I am continuing to develop this project, I decided it was time to show everyone a frag movie. I uploaded some wip videos before, but there have been significant changes since then, and I've been wanting to make a frag video for some time anyway.

Phenom is a multiplayer FPS (DBPro) including bots. This video is me playing against several bots, highlighting frags. I have also tested it with other human players on a LAN, but I need to do more testing on that.

It does contain gore, and the names of the bots can be offensive at times since the game makes up names for them. There is a name filter, but I don't know every word in every language to include, so just a fair warning that it could give a bot a name that you don't like.

I will have a download link and proper webpage later...for now, the frag movie.

Phenom Turret Defense - Free download!
Official Website -> http://xeridox.site11.com
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks really good especially the logos! The AI looks very well done out as well like most older games of that genre. Lots of veterinary in maps as well which were quite big in size. Also quite a lot of interesting guns with different effects. The only bit i found a bit strange was were the kill streak total was which I'm assuming is just a temporary location for it?

P.s. The voices were really well done as well
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2013 01:55
Wow this looks like a lot of work went into it. Must of been in the making for a long while; reminds me of the Quake days.

Although not my taste I see you have a-lot of special effects and events working there. Are you working on this alone?

Xeridox
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Scrap Mechanic
Posted: 26th May 2013 03:29
Thanks guys! Yes I am working on this alone, except for some of the weapons' textures. I started this project back in May of 2005 and worked on it off and on ever since. My main inspirations were definitely Quake 3 and the Unreal series.

The AI? It is a bit challenging...I had to play for quite a while to come up with that many kills to show off in the video...but they have their bugs. Nevertheless they make it quite fun, and do play an ok game of Capture the Flag.

As for the kill streak total location...I am open to suggestions
In fact, I'm always open to suggestions on how to tweak this game and make it better. I would love to get it where we could all jump in and play anytime, and that's one of my main goals.

I have one question for you all: What would you think of a version of the game, with the same weapons and stuff, but Minecraft type world with survival mode? I've already cooked up a pretty good world generator and block creation/destruction code in a seperate app.

I'm also looking at integrating the turrets from my turret defense into the game, and that's working quite well already.

Phenom Turret Defense - Free download!
Official Website -> http://xeridox.site11.com
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2013 04:02
My opinion is use Minecraft for inspiration to a degree, but not as the only inspiration; too much imitation is unoriginal.

DL187
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, talk about coincidences. Just the other day I was wondering what had happened to this game and all of a sudden you give us an update around the time I am getting ready to do one as well . Great work, the game looks like it runs smooth. You can tell there has been a good amount of work put into this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:12:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:12:07