Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / FPS-Files is closing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2013 08:03
Hey guys, FPS-Files has been around for some time but I have finally decided to close its doors.

I have just lost interest in it and now and due to virus attacks, errors and other things it seems I am just fixing it all the time and its just not worth it for me anymore.

The only thing that was keeping it afloat was the ads but due to how little ads are clicked now it just cant support itself.

Good bye everyone.

Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2013 10:22
That's sad to hear. I remember in my earlier days of FPSC I went to FPS-Files and practically downloaded everything, just because it was free. I'm like that

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download demo today!
VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
r.i.p for a good site.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2013 13:24
Might of been a good idea to keep it up for 1 week and to give notice it was closing.

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2013 13:40 Edited at: 27th May 2013 13:43
perhaps, but it was pointless as some sort of bug in the site itself was stopping the downloads working and just didn't have the patience to try and figure out what it was.

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2013 23:53
What if I click many, many ads every day?

Don't waste your life
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2013 02:39
That's a shame TeMpLaR1. Great site. Always there if needed.
Thanks for effort you put into it.
I hope the files can be kept somewhere? Some were classic media.
best
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2013 18:58 Edited at: 28th May 2013 18:59
These do free web hosting and even have free tool to make the site. They are a good company I can recommend
http://www.000webhost.com/
You could make a quick site and put them back up with these. I bet there are even free domains as well some place.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 28th May 2013 19:06
How big are the files? Happy to host them see my sig for url...

I will test before moving to public area on my storage, there is a link on the site to my forum thread too

Hope that helps and also see of if you can revive it too

You can PM me if needed...

Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2013 19:11
If you decide to continue somewhere else, this place charges $3.95 USD a year for a Domain Name and I have never had a problem with them.

https://www.register.com/promo/domain-to-website-v2.rcmx?trkID=SEM5Drc56W

Just trying to help.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th May 2013 23:05
I know I did it for a few years and the time involved was much more of an issue than the cost. Thanks for keeping it as long as you did. Take a break. Northern Fox has the ball now and he seems to enjoy it. Of course it probably doesn't take much to amuse him if you know what I mean.

Brian.
PixelF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2013 00:37
Hmmmmm. Now that fps-files is closing, maybe I should create a similar site.

http://pixeleater.me
General Discussion Forums
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2013 05:15
Well the cost really wasnt the problem, I just didnt want to invest into something I no longer really had a interest in anymore, why I used the ad money to pay for it. Basically the community was paying for FPS-Files.

In regards to the files, they all gone, I completely wiped the whole site. I just didnt have the patience to try and find a way to salvage them. Others have taken up the mantle now and it was fun being one of the first in doing the file repository thing.

With that said, if people need a hand in running there own or having a template designed for there site ill be happy to help, I still enjoy that when I have the time to do it.

jeetu
Years of Service
User Offline
IF you want

Can i have the domain name

i want run this site personally for fpsc users

please contact me { give me your mail address }

if you interested

thanks

Game review in super easy way Dont miss
http://adf.ly/Hzm3Q
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 17:28

But yeah I haven't been able to give as much attention as I should have to the site.. that's not to say that I'm not interested in looking into purchasing the domain as hopefully at some stage I will find the time to dedicate to the site (provided that I had of course purchased it) and with luck bring it back up to speed. Of course in order to do that I'll need to get some funds together.

Poloflece

ps. sorry for the terrible muddle of text you just read (very tired)

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 05:11
Was fun while it lasted; it was good doing the partner thing with you, back in the day, Matt. Thanks for doing it all this time.

-Keith

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 17:19
It's a shame to see another one of the big ones go, can't recall how often I told people - desperately searching for media - to visit FPS-Files & FPSFree and to spend a minute (or rather an hour) to look through the massive collection on there.

Thanks for offering people the chance to find all kind of freebies in an organized manner for all this time.

...here's to me hoping the fox's den won't close anytime soon, otherwise a few folks will have to master the forum search again, with all these sites disappearing.

-Doomster

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2013 06:34
Quote: "Hey guys, FPS-Files has been around for some time but I have finally decided to close its doors."

We're sorry to see you go. Thank you for the years you put into hosting your site. We can certainly understand how much time goes into maintaining the site, let alone keeping track of the media. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Quote: "Northern Fox has the ball now and he seems to enjoy it. Of course it probably doesn't take much to amuse him if you know what I mean."

It's a tennis ball and I use it for playing roller hockey. Slinky's amuse me too, and people popping bubble wrap.

Quote: "here's to me hoping the fox's den won't close anytime soon, otherwise a few folks will have to master the forum search again, with all these sites disappearing."

No worries there. We just renewed our domain for 5 years and are prepping to expand/add a few other sections for other engines, etc.

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2013 09:40
I'm currently putting together a similar site for free FPSC resources. Much like what FPSC-Files had.

Northern Fox Media is a great place i must add!

TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2013 12:48
I know I am bringing back a Old thread, isn't my intention but haven't had the time to look till now.

anyway, anyone interested in making their own file repository site I can offer my expertise, if I have any, and am willing to help with the sites design. Also if someone wants a theme designed I can do that for you as that's really what I enjoyed most about managing the site.

Anyway let me know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:41:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:41:09