Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Looking for someone to write codes, designers, or people to help with ideas for my MMOFPS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone I am a 20 year old college student who currently is working on a MMOFPS game. I have notebooks full with written ideas for a game I want to design. It is along the lines of Planet Side 2 with the whole world PvP. It also will have certain NPCs that will aid you in attacking or building outposts and such. If you are interested in helping get this game off the ground please email me lilgeekyman34@gmail.com I am looking for multiple people to help with every aspect of the game. Thank you for your time.
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 18:55
Please look at forum policies about these kinds of post.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Lilsaint34
Years of Service
User Offline
which part is wrong I read the rules about team requests and thought I did everything right. Sorry I did not mean to post this In the wrong way I apologize.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 21:43
lol.

This is my current project, check it out! [href]forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=204576&b=8[/href]
This is my website, check it out! [href]http:\\www.TeamDefiant.co.uk[/href]
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 00:30
If I'm going to be honest, you probably won't get much interest. But I will be constructive.

Team requests tend to be banned here, but there are reasons for it. Generally only good team requests are left open.

Of course, having ideas and coming up with a game design plan is awesome. Selling a game project to a team of people is a whole other thing because a lot and I mean a lot of people have ideas for games and some will even go as far as writing a game design document. But having an idea and having the ability to complete a game project is very different.

Perhaps think of team requests as being like going on Dragon's Den looking for investors, whilst people aren't necessarily investing money they are investing their time and effort and normally they're not getting paid up front for their work. If you have something to show for your project ideas, then it's a good place to start. However, MMOs are a tricky business, so much so people tend to joke about doing them. A lot of them fail. Not say they can't be done or that it shouldn't be done, but I wouldn't say it's the place to start.

This thread does sound like, "hey guys, I've got an idea for a game and I want you to make it for me", which isn't an easy way to get people on board, unless of course you've got something to back you, to show you're worth teaming up with. However, there's a lot of tools out there that can help people prototype their own ideas, so it may be a useful play to start. As it's an FPS, perhaps FPSC might help if you lack programming knowledge, there are other great tools if you do have some, perhaps something like Torgue3D, which has all the network options programmed in as well as some FPS elements and already cuts out some of the hard work.

If you do have something to show, something more substantial (though you're asking for 'all' aspects of the game, it suggests maybe not), then it might be worth showing off in your team request, because as it stands it doesn't really sell itself.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:29:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:29:34