Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [FREE] - Torch Model by Bejasc3D

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 17:57
Hey guys. It's been ages since I publicly released something. I've contributed a few things to the ongoing Modern Warfare community pack 2, but the future of that pack is unlikely.

Recently, I've been experimenting with baking normal maps, and I've got something now that I'm reasonably happy with, that I think a few of you here could benefit from.

I was strapped for time while doing this, so the UV map isn't that great, though it does the job, and the texture is essentially slopped together, but I still think it looks quite good.

Just a few things to note, I don't have FPSC installed and haven't for quite some time, so I'm unable to provide an ingame screenshot, or verify that the included files even work. To package this, I downloaded Willow's free bridge model, pulled it all apart, and substituted my own stuff in there. I've included normal and spec maps (that was the whole point of learning to bake), but again, I can't verify that it will work without having FPSC installed. Hopefully it all goes well.

I won't be providing support on this model. You're free to use it however you like, as long as you give credit to Bejasc3D, and do not claim it as your own. All details can be found in a readme bundled with the download.

If someone could let me know that this all works, that'd be great!

Enjoy!
peace.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 04:20 Edited at: 1st Jun 2013 04:34
wow, 66 views and no comments?

Bejasc3D
Well thank you. Looks really nice.
I tried making a simple flashlight, and it's not that easy to make it look good. Will let you know how it works out.
Thanks again
ncmako

They work just fine. A nice contribution
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "wow, 66 views and no comments?"

under hundered views you not getting any comment here. Also this was a little bit my fault too. I think I go in this thread 5 times with my mobile without leaving a comment

Quote: "I've contributed a few things to the ongoing Modern Warfare community pack 2, but the future of that pack is unlikely."

Yes, it seams that the most in this forum are not interested in contributing anymore. Sad, but this is reallity.

Great work. You have definatly skills! I will download it

Corno_1

http://cornofpsc.webs.com/

"The Corno_1 Way of Scripting" by Corno_1
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 15:42
Thanks for the kind words guys

I've been around the community for a while, So I'm used to seeing threads rack up views without any/many comments in it etc. I'm used to it, it doesn't really bother me at all.

Quote: "Yes, it seams that the most in this forum are not interested in contributing anymore. Sad, but this is reallity."

For me, it even seems like most of this community doesn't even exist any more. Most people you see around posting stuff much newer to the community that before, and most of us old/even older ones just aren't around any more.

Quote: "I tried making a simple flashlight, and it's not that easy to make it look good. Will let you know how it works out."

Good luck on your model! I thought something like this would be the easiest thing to learn how to bake normal maps with, so I went for this. Before I did this, I actually made a battery, but I won't be releasing that.
Here's a screen of it anyway. This was the very first bake I did, and I used the normal data to help in the texturing process a lot (same with the torch)

Good to know that the file download works, still not sure if the shaders will work on it (Like I said I included the maps), but regardless, Thanks dudes!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:17:17
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:17:17