Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / AppUp / Visual C++ 2010 Express issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am encountering the following errors when I attempt to rebuild my application (following the instructions in the link below):

http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/50_windows.htm

I'm using Visual C++ 2010 Express Edition, and AppGameKit 1.76.

I have commented out the #include <atlimage.h> line in core.cpp, and added "atls.lib;atlsd.lib" to the Linker->Ignore Specific Default Libraries, based on responses in similar posts. However, this failed to resolve the issue.

Please advise.

Sincerely
Derek Bain

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: interpreter, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1> Core.cpp
1>c:\program files\the game creators\agk\ide\apps\myapp_appup\scrapper\jpegfile.h(145): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlstr.h': No such file or directory
1> interpreter.cpp
1>c:\program files\the game creators\agk\ide\apps\myapp_appup\scrapper\jpegfile.h(145): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlstr.h': No such file or directory
1> Jpegfile.cpp
1>c:\program files\the game creators\agk\ide\apps\myapp_appup\scrapper\JpegFile.h(145): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlstr.h': No such file or directory
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 05:07
This might be a dumb question.

Are you trying to build for AppUp distribution?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes - I want to create and test my executable prior to distribution with AppUp. It's not ready for the final build yet.

Sincerely
Derek
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 17:33
Okay, it looks like you are probably using Tier 1.

Do you mean that you want to test the AppUp installation or just the app?

When you build your app in the AppGameKit IDE it 'creates' an executable with the name of your app in the project directory.

That can be run directly by double-clicking on it (like any other .exe file).

But, if you mean that you want to test the actual AppUp installation, that I have no experience with.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 00:31 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2013 03:34
Yes, I am trying to get to the following point in the instructions for AppGameKit Tier 1 Publishing:

"The idea here is that you are using the EXE with the AppUp code instead of the default one from AGK
Your final AppGameKit app folder should now be free of source files and have the new protected EXE inside"

I want to run the application with the executable only (no source files), on multiple workstations for testing purposes.

I'm currently at this step in the AppGameKit Tier1 Publishing instructions:
"Now right click the yourapp_appup project item and select REBUILD
If you get errors, ensure your yourapp_appup folder is located in the apps folder (yes, it is)
The above error will happen if the 'relatively addressed' AppGameKit headers cannot be found
If successful, you will find an executable in the yourapp_appup folder"

Sincerely
Derek
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 05:46
The executable created by the IDE does run without the source files.

If you copy it and your media directory to another location that doesn't have your source code you can see that it will still run.

You do not need to do the AppUp build until you are ready to publish in AppUp (which I do NOT plan on doing).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
@Ancient Lady, I appreciate your assistance. However, I do need someone to respond regarding the errors that I've encountered during the AppUp build process, as I am planning to publish my application through AppUp.

Sincerely
Derek
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2013 18:49 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2013 18:50
I understand. I just wanted to be sure that I understood your issues and objectives.

I just tried going through the guide as well. And found a bunch of things that needed to be done to make it work.

You should start from scratch, since at least one of the instructions they provide causes an issue.

And one of the issue starts with the scrapper. Which is only used for the iOS Viewer (according to posts I found).

The solution starts with deleting the scrapper directory in your yourapp_appup directory and project. Then it compiles cleanly. But there are more steps needed to get it to link properly.

Now, there are are a few changes to be made in the Properties for the project. Open it by selecting 'Properties' after right-clicking on the project.

First, you will need to remember to make all of these changes in both the Release and Debug configurations (since the instructions talk about using both).

1. In the 'General' tab change the Intermediate Directory to something like '$(SolutionDir)\Intermed'. Anything other the what it is so that all the crap you don't need in the final build doesn't end up with your executable.

2. In the 'Linker'->'General' tab:
a. change the 'Output File' value from 'Windows.exe' to '$(SolutionDir)$(Configuration)\$(ProjectName).exe (this is different from what the AppGameKit guide says, but it will avoid a linker error later)
b. add '\VS2010' after '\Lib' and before 'Release' and 'Debug' in the 'Additional Library Directories' entry

Then it will link.

And after doing the other steps, you can test it.

Whew... That was not easy to work out. The problem is that the guides really haven't been updated and they don't take into account the library differences between VS2008 and VS2010. And I bet no one tried to work through the instructions like I just did.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 04:42 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2013 05:01
@Ancient Lady - I followed your instructions, and encountered the errors listed below. Then, I commented out the following code in interpreter.cpp:

JpegFile jpg;
jpg.RGBToJpegFileInMemory ( outfile, m_pDataSmall, x, y, TRUE, targetquality);

It compiled successfully!

I will continue with the AppUp instructions tomorrow, and will respond if I encounter any further issues.

I greatly appreciate your assistance, and persistence to work through this issue with me.

Can you please ask someone to revise the instructions on the website so they include the updates / corrections that you mentioned in this post?

Sincerely
Derek

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: interpreter, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1> Core.cpp
1> interpreter.cpp
1>interpreter.cpp(1440): error C2065: 'JpegFile' : undeclared identifier
1>interpreter.cpp(1440): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'jpg'
1>interpreter.cpp(1440): error C2065: 'jpg' : undeclared identifier
1>interpreter.cpp(1444): error C2065: 'jpg' : undeclared identifier
1>interpreter.cpp(1444): error C2228: left of '.RGBToJpegFileInMemory' must have class/struct/union
1> type is ''unknown-type''
1>interpreter.cpp(3453): fatal error C1020: unexpected #endif
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 16:22
Quote: "Can you please ask someone"

If I worked for TGC, I could. But I don't. So my request is the same as yours.

The section of code that you commented the line in should not have been compiled. It is wrapped in an '#ifdef SCRAPPERSENDER' block. Make sure that you don't compile using anything but the 'Debug' and 'Release' configurations. 'SCRAPPERSENDER' is defined in the preprocessor settings for the 'Debug SCRAPPER' configuration, which should only be used for the iOS Viewer (a defective cousin to the Player).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the "Active Solution Configuration" set to RELEASE, and the "Active Solution Platform" set to "Win32". If I remove the comments from the section listed in my previous post, I get the 'jpegfile' and related errors.

Sincerely
Derek
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 20:09
That is curious.

Did you make sure to delete both the physical scrapper directory and the reference in the project? The reference would be under 'App' folder in the project.

And double check to make sure that 'SCRAPPER' isn't in the project properties in the C/C++->Preprocessor->Preprocessor Definitions field.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
dbain21 Tuatara Software
Years of Service
User Offline
I did delete the scrapper directory and the reference in the project.

However, there was a reference to "scrappersender" in the Preprocessor definitions field. I removed this reference, and reinstated the 2 lines that I had previously commented out from the interpreter.cpp file.

The application compiled successfully

I'm waiting for a response on the AppUp forums now, as I've been unable to locate the Software Debugger that is required for the next step. But I am much closer to completing this task, thanks to your quick (and correct) responses!!

Sincerely,
Derek
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2013 20:50
Glad to be of help.

The guide was a bit funny. It said to set up for Release configuration and then the rest of the instructions were for Debug configuration.

So, when you do get the Software Debugger, remember to rebuild the project in Debug configuration.

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:14:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:14:20