Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / What's The Process Of Selling Custom Models

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2013 04:27
So I've been spending the last couple years building models and scripting them. Hoping to someday sell them. Was wondering what the process is with paypal and selling custom model packs?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2013 15:17
You can speak to TGC directly about a pack or see the post about selling individual models in the TGC store. Both require contracts which are quite reasonable with TGC. If you wish to retain all the profit you may create a site and have a paypal link under the pictures of them. Paypal offers a service like this but also takes a cut.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2013 23:54
I wouldn't mind considering all 3 options. Has the TGC store seen any recent uploads?

With paypal how does it work? I do have a site with all my items for sale and I can put in a paypal for it too. But I'm wondering what that process is like? So someone sends couple things to the shopping cart and buys them. This will send me a list of the items they purchased? and give me their email to delivery the purchased items too?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2013 15:10
Here are the basic breakdowns of each method.

*Paypal Method- First off you must have your own site that you can control and build. Place pics of your models on pages you specify (layout is up to you) and then you can place Paypal links below the pictures. You must go to Paypal for the selling tools to set up a Paypal link. This will set the price, title and of the model. When someone clicks on the link it will bring them to Paypal where they will pay for the specified item. You will then get an email stating that someone bought that specific item and it is then up to you to deliver it by whatever means you desire. Some options could be email, yousendit, hosting sites, or even dropbox. Paypal gets a small cut for the transfer of money. keep in mind that you are responsible for getting traffic to your site so advertising would rely completely on your ability to get the word out.

TGC Store- There is a link in the stickies about the TGC Store. Basically you ask for a contract to sell there and send them some of your work to show what you can do. If accepted you just follow the instructions for packing and uploading your models using the TGC Store uploading version. Anyone with access to FPSC or other TGC products will have access to the store and search for objects they need. They get 50% profit due to them hosting and delivering your models. Keep in mind TGC has a huge world wide fan base that exceeds FPSC, so your media will be seen. You do however have to generate $100.00 of profit for yourself to cash it in, Therefore you must actually sell $200.00 worth before receiving your profits.

Official Model Pack Method - If you are confident in your models and have shown them to the forum and generally gotten a good response, you may want to consider selling a 'pack' of models. You must contact TGC about a possible pack you have available. The money percentage you receive is different from the TGC Store and your models are tested, approved and considered a more official TGC product. Suggestions on pricing can be derived from looking at current packs items vs. cost, but ultimately you set the price.Once again TGC delivers and host your pack plus has a huge fan base to sell to.

Hope that helps with your decision on what to do

"Who loves ya baby!"
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 10:13 Edited at: 12th Jun 2013 11:47
Thanks a lot Disturbing for the break down.

I've started setting up the paypal shopping cart which seems to work really well. I like that it remembers what items you have put in your cart. I've always wondered how to do it and I guess the easiest way to learn how to do anything... is to just do it lol

What really concerned me about paypal is mainly the process of transfer. Making sure I have their correct email sent to me after their purchase has been made. Have you or anyone else had experience using this method?

I do like the other methods to get direct access to the FPSC users.

I must ask though, how profitable has this been for others?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 17:52
I think I made all of $60 when I sold my first pack waaaaay back when from my own site. When I let others handle it such as TGC Store or the packs I sell at Northern Fox Media I've made much much more, allowing me to concentrate on making more models. Unless your site has lots of traffic or you are a whiz at advertising profits are far between. Now noone says you can't do all the methods. Even TGC allows you to sell an official pack that you've made elsewhere.

"Who loves ya baby!"
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2013 15:00
Has it been profitable? Do you find your still making occational sales much later on?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2013 07:05
Sales trickle in once in a while but that's why you have to keep it fresh and make more packs.

"Who loves ya baby!"
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2013 11:44
What are some good delivery methods via email? Say your pack size is over 20MB.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2013 09:14
Anyone have any good methods for this? I can easily host the files on a server sure but how would I prevent others from grabbing the same links to them? Is there any standard why to go about delivery method of digital content?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2013 14:12
https://www.yousendit.com/ file only last a few days and you can control much of it.

"Who loves ya baby!"
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2013 05:33
Thanks once again Disturbing. That's a great utility for this type of transaction. I've used it in the past but not for this type of action.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jul 2013 08:58 Edited at: 4th Jul 2013 09:06
Here is a guy I created and posted it today, check it out, I sell stuff on here a lot, I deleted a lot, and am adding more so do not be confused with my 2 objects.

you also can sell your stuff there, its simple to set up.

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/751558

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Chris Bamber
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
The TGC Store is a good way to get models out there if you do not have enough to make a full, official model pack. You can upload single models or segments or even small packs of several objects at the same time(Mini Packs).

It also takes the stress out of finding and maintaining a website or hosting service and allows you to simply create and upload.

If you like, you can start the process by E-Mailing me at store@thegamecreators.com and I`ll get the contract sent to you for you to read through.

TGC Store Artist Tag : Kasseyus

IT'S A TRAP!
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 06:51
@Daniel, very nice work, can I ask how well that has been working for you?

@Chris, I've always been quite interested in the TGC store as I have gotten some models from it before and I like how it works a lot. Love how its intergrated into FPSC itself. I believe Rick had confirmed to me that they do plan to keep the store around for Reloaded.

I'll send you an email, I'd like to take a look at the contract you guys have. I'm currently getting all my models put into themes (folders) to help generate mini packs as you have mentioned.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 07:58
Quote: "can I ask how well that has been working for you?"

It has its ups and downs at times, some times you open your account and have lots of sells, and well others, there is nothing. but the more you sell the more you make, this is why I am updating my quality and amount of media.

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2013 07:26 Edited at: 16th Jul 2013 07:27
This all sounds great, now I just gotta get used to shaders in FPSC to produce better quality models.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:28:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:28:35