Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Read this thread guys.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2013 19:12
You really think I would release a model pack with copyrighted animals? I knew the animals were from Tomb Raider, just trying to see how you guys would react so I would have the right moment to talk about this subject below.

So now I want to know something TGC.

Model Pack 52... nothing but copyright from Resident Evil, I reviewed it one more time to make sure I'm wrong about this, but it seems I'm right, You gave Resident Evil or Capcom NO credit for those creatures, all I see is this "•New fully scripted and animated characters for FPS Creator X9, inspired by popular games"

But now it's time for an apology.

I'm sorry TGC, I didn't know that site was a no-no for you guys, I really did not know. I read the rules but I didn't know that was one of them. I hope you forgive me...

I'll start working on new models starting now, and I will put an earwig inside my ear and sniff as hard as I can for a punishment.

The advanced game creator + Good listener.

Taking school for game creating and using FPS Creator for starters.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2013 19:21
There's a difference between 'inspired' and 'ripped'.

A good rule to follow is to only post media you've created yourself 100%.

Inmortalis Nox
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "There's a difference between 'inspired' and 'ripped'"

I agree. As far as mp 52 and others that are inspired, they do not need to give an apology as the models were created from scratch. Yours were not. When you use an idea from something you have seen and recreate it on your own, it is not poly by poly the same model as you were doing.

Had you done a new mesh and texture based on the model, I for one would not have said a thing. This doesn't mean do a retopo of the model and call it yours.

All I am really trying to say is, make it yourself.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2013 19:27
Quote: "I knew the animals were from Tomb Raider, just trying to see how you guys would react so I would have the right moment to talk about this subject below."

You didn't need that part You could have just started this thread without any dramatic intro.

As far as the Modelpack goes... I do agree that it stretches the term "inspired" very far. Bond could have easily redesigned these creatures and make them something more original. It would have benefited the games that use these models as players who are not from around here might suspect the creators of piracy.

I'm actually a little bewildered by this myself because I remember lowpoly alien and doom fanbased models that where free, made from scratch and still deemed to violate the AUP. These where really good packs!

So yeah, MP52. as good and revolutionary for FPSC as it is ... is a bit too close to the resident evil and some deadspace monsters.

Quote: "I read the rules but I didn't know that was one of them. I hope you forgive me...
"

We make games here that we might sell. Not just mods. So allowing links to pirated models could cause harm and possible lawsuits to a gamemaker who didnt even know he used copyrighted models.

Looking forward to work from you...thats actually work from you

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:08:07
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:08:07