Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with MMORPG, (I know I'll be flamed for it)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Everything is going smoothly with the game, except there is one thing I can't figure out so far. How do you make updates for the game? How would you go about checking for an updated version and loading the new graphics and code updates?
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
dll

[href]www.vapournet.com/~flyer[/href]
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2003 00:58
I'll be a bit more helpful shall I?

try taking a look at this thread

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=19548&b=1

(and use the search tool next time )

Can I ask you a Question?
What is it?
It's an interrogative form of sentence, used to test knowledge. But that's not important right now.
Tron 9000
Years of Service
User Offline
(sigh I did search, that's how I fixed my load problem for the game...nothing on this though...I thought)

I don't know if this is what you intended me to learn from that thread because it's main focus was not on my problem, but I did get an idea from it. I'll use patch maker to compare the old version of the client and the new verison to make a small patch. Then put it on the website, and if the client reads from the server that it has an outdated verion of the client then it will download and execute the patch...whew!
Necrym
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 03:31
You should create a small seperate app that logs in prior to the game it should check the installed files against a list on a server for the current version then download the updated files. Then it should launch the main game app.

How many virtual trees make a virtual forest!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:24:08