Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Just a couple modeling questions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I have a couple of questions.

1)I made a robot with built-in guns.How can I attach a gun script to those guns?
2)I added 4 animations to the robot. How can I get it to follow waypoints and fire when it see's the player?

This may belong in scripting I'm sorry about this if it does.

P.s I tried to save the model after making animations but I seem to lose them. When I load the model up in milkshape there are no animations.
Can somebody tell me why?
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 04:50
1) you have to create an invisible gun that a player would use (without the player using it of course.)at least make sure the vwep is invisible. It could literally be a triangle with an invisible texture. Give that weapon to the character.

2)you have to assign a followwaypoint script to the character by left clicking it and changing the script.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
riccetts
Years of Service
User Offline
How does the creator know where the weapon goes on the robot?
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 19:47
Quote: "Give that weapon to the character."

PAIN!

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 21:09 Edited at: 25th Jun 2013 21:29
Quote: "How does the creator know where the weapon goes on the robot?"

You attach a small bone on the rig named FIRESPOT. This is usually placed in the right hand of a character, further tweaking for muzzle decal position etc are done in gun specs. I believe you can now have two FIRESPOT's for dual wielding (FIRESPOT2) but I haven't done this myself as yet, the dual feature may have been dropped in recent updates.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
riccetts
Years of Service
User Offline
rolfy,

Should I use fragmotion? I don't see anything about bones in milkshape.Explain what you mean by a bone.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2013 22:19 Edited at: 25th Jun 2013 22:22
The skeleton rig you attach your mesh to, this rig drives the animation for the model, vertices are attached to the bones and follow these when they move around.
There is a lot to know about how to rig your model and will take time to learn but no reason you cant dive in with it, simply google '3d rig' to get the info.
You can use any modeling program that supports animation and export to .X, bones can be named just like any parts of a model and the one you want is FIRESPOT, this tells the engine where the weapon should be located on the character in game.

Create a small bone and attach it to the bone where you want your weapon to be. Name the bone FIRESPOT, its fairly simple.

I don't trip over...I do random gravity checks.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2013 03:19
i think the confusion is in milkshape bones are connected by 'joints'. every time you make a joint it is connected to the other joints by bones, so add a joint and name it FIRESPOT like rolfy instructed.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2013 02:03
i have a couple of video tutorials on my web site for fragmotion that are available for download. you can watch them and just figure out how to do them in milkshape

my website is http://www.chaosbrosfilms.com

go to joe's page to download them..

gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:32:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:32:58