Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / dumb map editor problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm making a tile map editor.

Let's use this as an example map.

I click on tile 2,2 (tile #1) and go to change it to a 3.

My code then changes every #1 on the map to a 3 instead of that specific x,y tile at the coordinate I clicked on.

That's neat, but... What might I be doing wrong? I want to change 1 tile not all.

I was hoping for a "Oh yeah I did that once and you have to..." kind of response. If you have to see code, okay, but it's going to take a lot to rip it out. The map editor is also my game.
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2013 02:48
Yeah hard to tell without some code. Are you just changing the image? if that's the case are you then changing all the #1 tiles to number 3# tiles?
Lost Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2013 02:51 Edited at: 7th Jul 2013 02:53
Just posting here solves my problems. That happens to me every time. I ask a question and as soon as I hit post (and eat dinner) I figure out what has gone wrong.

I have a map type and a tile type and I was changing the tile type image number and I should have changed the map type image number. So basically I was telling the game that I wanted to change all grass to ocean instead of just one grass block to ocean.

If that makes any sense... I struggled with this all yesterday and the solution was just a matter of looking at my types and seeing how they were set up. The program, as usual, did exactly what I told it to - I was just telling it to do the wrong thing.

Anyway, fixed. Thanks.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jul 2013 09:49

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 06:12:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 06:12:21