Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Lend a hand if you can.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2013 20:58 Edited at: 8th Jul 2013 21:00
Hi guys, I have had a bit of a mishap with my backup hard disk. This drive contained the backups of all my games and game creating media. Basicly I lost everything I have ever made, and was in the process of making over the span of several years.

I am trying franticly to retrieve as much of that stuff as I can, and would ask humbly of all you great folks that I have made purchaces from to please contact me by e-mail to discuss the posibility of getting some links, so I may grab that stuff again.

I am also in need of my original Aliens Model pack. If anyone still has a copy "Please" contact me.

(Sorry for the large image, it was copied from one of my old threads).
Thanks for you help everyone. Your pal, Cosmic.

Back from the Wasteland.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2013 21:00
Hey! I have that pack but without the original textures. Should I send it to you anyway?

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
Without struggle,no progress and no result.Every breaking of habit produces a change in the machine.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2013 21:04
I'll take anything you've got my friend. As stated, I lost everything.

Thanks.

I'd still want to find my original as well. That stuff took me many long hours to make.

Back from the Wasteland.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2013 22:52 Edited at: 8th Jul 2013 23:04
I believe I have it all. I am now vacillating. Should I help or should I not? After all, I asked for help and never got it. Not even a "Sorry, I won't be able to after all."

Wolf is helping me with it and I thank him for it. And maybe because Wolf is wanting to help you, I could to as I believe I have everything including the textures.

Addendum:

Ahhh Well, Here ya go.

Alien Collection or as I call it Alien World

If any is missing let me know. I probably have it somewhere in one of my folders.

-- Mommy!!! --
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2013 23:13 Edited at: 8th Jul 2013 23:35
We had it on our storage drive, but ^^ beat me to it.

Quote: "I am now vacillating. Should I help or should I not? After all, I asked for help and never got it. Not even a "Sorry, I won't be able to after all."

Wolf is helping me with it and I thank him for it. And maybe because Wolf is wanting to help you, I could to"

I am sorry, but this makes me chuckle. You are vacillating because Dale did not reply to you? Did he receive it? Did it get lost in spam? I recall you asking us how we had moving clouds in a video one time. I emailed you with how we did it exactly. No reply from you, no "thank you for your time", nothing. Do I vacillate? Not at all.

I guess that should bring balance now to the universe. Dale did not reply to you, you did not reply to us. All is good again.

Sheesh...

There's no problem that can't be solved without applying a little scripting.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 01:04
It was a character he needed at the time I was finishing up the western pack a few weeks ago. then this happened. So I got siderailed.

So I offer a public apology, and am sorry that I was unable to get to it. When bad things happen, we humans tend to focus on the disaster at hand, and most other things get put on the back burner. So, Please forgive, and thank you.

I'll be out of commision for a while, as I try to recover from this mess. The models I had started for the proposed community pack are gone now, so I'll have to redo those as well.

Thanks again.

Back from the Wasteland.
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 01:07
Quote: "It was a character he needed at the time I was finishing up the western pack a few weeks ago. then this happened. So I got siderailed. "

We all get side-railed with things- it happens. I just do not see a need to chastise someone over something when they themselves have done the same thing they are calling the other out on.

More important things to worry about...

Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 01:23
Quote: "I believe I have it all. I am now vacillating. Should I help or should I not? After all, I asked for help and never got it. Not even a "Sorry, I won't be able to after all."

Wolf is helping me with it and I thank him for it. And maybe because Wolf is wanting to help you, I could to as I believe I have everything including the textures."

I am surprised at this remark. I would never have dreamed in a million years someone would even say this about Dale. Dale has been having problems with his health that required surgery, then his computer has been breaking down, one piece or another and now our main backup is gone. He is trying so hard to just get back the stuff he had that was important to him.

Dale has given more than enough to this community and he is ALWAYS trying to help people and with this all going on with him, he get’s a reply like this by you over a model? Come on, man, you could have at least tried to email him and asked about it instead of coming on here and posting that.

BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 01:33
Quote: "I am surprised at this remark. I would never have dreamed in a million years someone would even say this about Dale. Dale has been having problems with his health that required surgery, then his computer has been breaking down, one piece or another and now our main backup is gone. He is trying so hard to just get back the stuff he had that was important to him.

Dale has given more than enough to this community and he is ALWAYS trying to help people and with this all going on with him, he get’s a reply like this by you over a model? Come on, man, you could have at least tried to email him and asked about it instead of coming on here and posting that."

Not exactly a good way to treat one of TGC's "Valued Members"...

Maybe next time Dale can get a hold of us instead to avoid any future aggravation. Cathy or I are more than happy to help out or locate his media for him. It is the least we can do.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 01:35 Edited at: 9th Jul 2013 05:41
Thank you Dale.

-- Mommy!!! --
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 01:48 Edited at: 9th Jul 2013 19:03
Quote: "I don't recall that you had told me "exactly" how you did the cloud thing. You told me some but just enough but not enough for me to understand it."

The email with the script was not enough for you to understand? The message that was sent was the following:

Quote: "Good morning Terry,

Hope all goes well with you. I thought it easier to respond to your question on the moving clouds via email than explaining on the video.

First, in my "setuplevel.fpi" I have the following:

:state=0:sky=skybank\NFM\dea
:state=0:skyscroll=skybank\generic\clouds.dds

The first line is the skybox I want to use. The next line uses the clouds with the skyscroll command.The skyscroll uses the "clouds.dds" and the "skyportal.tga" files to make the moving clouds (as outlined in the source code).

I am hoping to make it so we can change direction of the clouds as it seems they move from top left to bottom right (if looking top-down in the editor) (moving from North-West to South-East in game).

Hope that answers your question."

There was nothing complicated about it. My point was you came into a thread and proceeded to chew Dale on the fact he did not reply to you, and yet you yourself have done it.

Quote: "Backfox go back under your rock again..."

As far as the rest, you won't get the response you want. For all the times I've tried to overlook the obvious, I was foolish. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. You want to lash at me, go ahead- I have big shoulders. I don't need to blame anyone but myself for my mistakes, and I know I've made them. You, on the other hand, are very bitter. Even when you insulted my wife on the public forum without apologizing to her directly, I still had to put aside my anger and be civil and you got away with it. We know the history between us, but feel free to air it regardless if it makes you feel better. At the end of the day, it does not affect our work in any way.

And for the record, we have a fox-hole, not a rock.

CID
Years of Service
User Offline
Dale
I have a lot of your stuff will go thru files and send you rar files

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Dale, sent you a reply.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2013 15:56
Cosmic,

If you will please send me your drive and I will have my shop take a look at it and see if we can recover your data. We have a data recovery center in the back. If we can't get anything I will send the drive back.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2013 18:34
I've deleted several posts here Cosmic (including my own), in the hopes of getting this back on track. Since Flatlander is leaving the forums forever (again), it should be alright to continue it. If you want it locked, however, let me know. Sorry about derailing it.

-Keith

shivers
Years of Service
User Offline
cosmic noooooooooo i just wonder if northern fox media would have your stuff since you download from there or at least i do if not and you have trouble getting your files i have most of your packs including alien and hugger so if you need or cant find anyone else that have your pack i would be gald to try to upload them im new to the forum but ihave used fpsc for years and have done a lot of reading watching and love your stuff and i almost all ways get your free stuff and i buy some to so just list what your looking for and if i have it i will post it for download
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 22:15
OK, Thanks Kieth.

shivers: Aaaahhh! yes, thats what I'm still looking for. The characters from that pack, The alien drone, the facehugger, etc.

Or if you have the original download that would be fine too. Yes please post it. Thanks!

Thanks to Northern Fox, I was able to get all my released packs, and most of the apps that I lost. I managed to get a bunch from my old e-mail archives on yahoo. As well as from my forum family here. Wow! what a flood of e-mails..

Going to spend the day ripping my CDs, as we all need our tunes. And I cant stand not having my music playing while I work. Especialy all my Abney Park albums.

THANKS EVERYONE! Love you Guys.

Back from the Wasteland.
shivers
Years of Service
User Offline
glad to here that your still kicking and not gone we need everyone that can help make fpsc the best it can be and with cosmic and bond1,rolfy,wolf,willow and maybe even me somday i think this could be a really great game maker any how here is the models you need im not sure if this post is working its acting little strange when i try to ad the file guess i will try and see
shivers
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont think that worked cosmic but i got it figured out i think
this should be it this time

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2013 20:04
Thank bro. Got 'em. Phew! I'm so glad you found the facehugger. All those legs are a pain in the rear to rig. Thanks again.

Quote: "glad to here that your still kicking and not gone "

No worries, I'm not going anywhere. But I am going to be changing my workflow, and have decided to take advantage of Northern Fox media's new 3D model section, and will be producing models, and releasing them in various formats that can be used in any game engine you like. I'll still be making FPSC ready media as well, Just offering a wider selection of formats.

Back from the Wasteland.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2013 20:20
Will the great and powerful mods lock this please. All done, and thanks!

Back from the Wasteland.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:30:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:30:59