Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / rolfy Skybox pack 10-for sale

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 05:01 Edited at: 12th Jul 2013 18:17
Contains eight high quality skyboxes to use in your projects.

This last one is Skyscroll animated with moving clouds, the clouds match seamlessly with the skybox so there are no grid edges.

Price 7.50 GBP.
Buy Here
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 08:06
Very nice, excellent work Rolfy. I really wanted to get your "Environments Pack" first. But animated clouds sure is tempting...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 12:21
man you are improving skybox quality by leaps and bounds each time you make a release!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Really stunning, Rolfy (Again!)
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 18:00
Very nice, and I'm sure you're about to slip in an FPSC screen shot aren't you..

I reject your reality and substitute my own...
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 18:05 Edited at: 12th Jul 2013 18:25
They are FPSC screenshots, I just dont include the segment I stand on Lol. I feel it would confuse between skybox and terrain/segment and also there is no other media included, however I will include the stat bars in future so it helps avoid confusion

Edit*
As you can see you now lose the bottom of the skybox to segment terrain, people might expect the skybox to look like this and I am lucky enough to have something which fits. It would be worse for me to use a stock concrete floor to display these. Its not uncommon to display more than eye level in your game designs so I like people to see the whole thing.

However I have updated the first post
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 18:25
Quote: "They are FPSC screenshots"

Really!? Wow! I thought they were shots from modelling / art package you were using!

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 18:26 Edited at: 12th Jul 2013 18:30
Quote: "I thought they were shots from modelling / art package you were using!"
Well they dont look any different in game from the render engine as its merely graphics

I take the screenshots as I test them in FPSC.

So were good then?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 18:39
Yep.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 19:47
this is going to be great for reload. now that the grid is going to be 500x500 and animate skies. thank to creators like you rolfy reload in going to be big. my only wish is that you create more sky boxes like the last one.to not have any thing else showing but the sky it self. that why I like the last one I feel the background parts like mountains will not look right with the front ground of the game. the ground part will be most likely cover by the segments.these sky boxes are good for looking out a window and the last one will be go for a outside level. the sky boxes has to look like they are part of the front ground which is why i like the last more and want to by this pack because of that. the ground of the segment can fill in the rest. I really like the last one it has me sold on the pack for a theme im working on.that what makes your Environments Pack such a hit.but as always your sky boxes great and I think in reload they are going to be better.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 20:34 Edited at: 12th Jul 2013 20:35
Thanks Michael, you will be pleased to know more of what you ask for will be coming

It depends on what your looking for, I try to make these suitable for both outside views and open outdoor scenes.
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2013 20:52
Is the res 512 or 1024 per element?

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
1024x1024 As always
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2013 02:59 Edited at: 13th Jul 2013 03:00
This is so cool it froze my brain!

Back from the Wasteland.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for posting the vid
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2013 19:25
Thank "You" my friend.

TIP: For those new folks, when you make your changes to the setup file, if you use the wizard to change the skybox, do that "first", then add the script entry manually. Otherwise the wizard will overwrite the file and delete the script entry, and it wont work.

Back from the Wasteland.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2013 21:14 Edited at: 13th Jul 2013 21:16
Quote: "TIP: For those new folks, when you make your changes to the setup file, if you use the wizard to change the skybox, do that "first", then add the script entry manually. Otherwise the wizard will overwrite the file and delete the script entry, and it wont work."
That's for the test box I sent you Cosmic, for the final pack I decided to go with a simple script in a trigger zone placed anywhere in level, to make it easier. This way you can change it per level with less fuss
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2013 21:28
Nice! Good call. I've tried it out in a few scenes, City, nature, etc. and it really adds a dynamic sense of reality to otherwise static scenes.

Love it!

Back from the Wasteland.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2013 21:41 Edited at: 13th Jul 2013 22:08
Thanks

Though Skyscroll has been a feature in FPSC for a long time, it's rarely been used. This is due to the clouds stopping at the grid edges and it is real noticeable in game unless you hide it with entity placement. This box has been designed so its seamless, means you don't need to hide the bottom of it with buildings etc.
It does make the scene far more dynamic as you say at very little cost to development time for users (just drop in the scripted trigger zone).The hard part is making it match up with the skybox, its not easy and takes a lot of work at my end, but once its done it works well
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2013 19:34 Edited at: 26th Jul 2013 19:58
For those of you who have purchased this pack here's an unofficial beta from s4real.
He has added a sky speed which you can use to slow down or speed up the animated clouds for the Skyscroll skybox. I feel the default speed is a little too fast and distracting, it's probably too late for this to get into the official but will be in any future unofficial releases from s4.

Simply replace FPSC-Game.exe in the FPSC root folder with the beta (backup original first) and add this to the existing skyscroll script.
skyspeed=x

To go slower or faster change skyspeed=x make sure to use increments like 5.0 not 5.
2.0 seems a perfect speed to me.

DISCLAIMER: A user of this unofficial Fpsc v1.20 beta19™
software acknowledges that he or she is
receiving this software on an "as is" basis
and the user is not relying on the accuracy
or functionality of the software for any purpose.
The user further acknowledges that any use of
this software will be at the user's own risk
and the copyright owner accepts no responsibility
whatsoever arising from the use or application of
the software.

TGC does not support this unofficial version of FPSC.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 21:27:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 21:27:48