Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / AGK Player (iOS Unsigned) (108 beta15)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a "AGK Player (iOS Unsigned) (108 beta15) - This is the AppGameKit Player for iOS jail broken devices, compatible with 108 beta 15" in my product downloads.

any idea how to get it working on a jailbroken Ipad 1..?

I emailed The games creators for instruction / a guide, but got...

"We absolutely do not support jail broken apple hardware. You can install applications as an iOS developer with an iOS account. But jail broken Apple software no longer conforms to the industry standard."

??

Thanks in advance.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2013 00:59
The Player in the download page is NOT for jail broken devices. It is unsigned. There is a big difference.

You got the reply from TGC that you did because they did not make something available for jail broken devices. They made something available that probably works on most iOS devices.

I haven't tried it.

Keep in mind that, assuming you do want to produce for iOS devices, you will need to create your own apps and have a Mac device with Xcode to do the builds and have an Apple iOS Developer's License. Otherwise, you can't produce for them. (Having the license by itself will work if you have access to a Mac or can get someone to do the builds for you using your License.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Drago
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, but Im new here and these things is not clear for me.
I just installed AppGameKit 108.
Im using BASIC (Tier 1, right?)
Im unable to build something in Android or iOS (is not clear how to do it).
Im triying use AppGameKit PLayer (The same above, unsigned), but Im unable to install it.

1. DO I have to compile player in XCode?
2. Once compiled, can I use Windows to see the results in iOS device?
3. What code do I use to compile in xcode?

Thanks for any help!

----------------------------------------------
www.xuti.net
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2013 16:26
Drago, I suspect the posted iOS Player is for jail broken iOS devices (but I don't know). I haven't tried it before (I always build my own). I will try it later and see what happens.

1. It is best to compile your own Player in Xcode, signed with your certificates. That way you know it works.
2. Once compiled and installed on your devices (run it from Xcode when your device is connected to your Mac and it will be installed on the device), then you can use it to test apps broadcast from the AppGameKit IDE.
3. You open the <AGKdir>/IDE/apps/interpreter_ios/agkinterpreter.xcodeproj file with Xcode. Then add your provisioning certificates and run it with your iOS device attached and selected.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Drago
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, thanks. But I have failed in some things. Lets go:

I really tried to compile my iOSPlayer, but Im not familiar with XCOde, so, probably Im doing some mistakes.

I cant compile my Player because always have the same error: "The entitlements are wrong".

After read some webpages and making a new profiles, I (maybe) can build iOSPLayer, but now the error is about missing a file.

I've copy some files, but I dont know what to with them. for example, I think I need to copy IDE/PLATFORM/Apple to someplace in Xcode Directory, but I dont know where.

My last error compiling AGKPlayer is "agk.h" not found.

Is there any installation tutorial for the Mac?

Thanks!

www.xuti.net
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2013 17:23
Try this thread and see if it helps.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Drago
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey!

Thanks,

This thread helped a lot.

I still have a lot of doubts, as how to compile a BASIC program (In Windows IDE) in XCOde, but Im going "in parts". Now I have to learn the language.

Thanks!

www.xuti.net
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 04:40
You don't compile the basic in Xcode. You use the byte code file created by the AppGameKit IDE as the input to a purpose built interpreter (interpreter_ios) compiled and linked in Xcode.

And quite a few people have published apps with Apple and Android (Google) using this method (same basic one for Android, different final build process).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:53:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:53:34