Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Question About Shaders In Stock FPSC?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 00:41 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2013 00:42
Hello everyone I've been a part of the community for quite a long time. I have recently started getting into generating my own content for other people's use and will be uploading loads of models to the TGC store. Including characters and segments.

I've recently gotten into using shaders but I do have one question however. I would like to use shaders on some of my models that I will be uploading. Is this correct that shaders come with stock version of FPSC? If I were to have one of my models link to the following path:

Would it work for someone who has newly purchased and downloaded FPS Creator?

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 00:46
That's one of Bond1's free tangent shaders. Users would just need to download and install them.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=178372&b=24

Back from the Wasteland.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 00:57 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2013 00:57
Are there any shaders that come with FPSC stock now? I can't recall as I have been packing on stuff to my current FPSC folder endlessly throughout the years

I guess for any shaders used, I could just simply add a notepad file directing them to the forum links to them? Is that the standard practice?

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2013 01:46
Yep! There's a bunch. In older versions the shaders were in they're own folders. ex: effectbank/bump/bump.fx when you upgrade the new 2.0 shaders went into a single folder. The upgrades dont overwrite the old shader folders so you should still have them.

You can use the named folders to get an idea of what the stock shaders are.

Back from the Wasteland.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:30:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:30:20