Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / waterlight screensaver

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2013 17:02 Edited at: 26th Jul 2013 17:09
Hi everyone!

i recently made this little simulation on how light is refracted in water and as it looked quite cool i made a screen saver of it. You might notice ( if you have seen a pool with some waves) that it indeed reminds one of the light "cells" that one sees at the bottom of a clear swimming pool or such. Even though the refraction code is "real" the matter of making the visual part and especially the code that simulates the waves (which are not visible in this screensaver but are calculated in the background) are not exactly like those in a real pool. for example the waves in this screensaver are made by a point that moves up and down while real waves are caused by for example wind.

Its a complete screensaver so if you want to use it just copypaste it to your Windows folder and it will be ready to use.

oh and as it is a physics simulation involving quite some 3Dmaths on 112x63 array of 3D nodes it might not run very well on slow computers. mine does 20fps which is more than enough for this.
enjoy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
noobnerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2013 17:06 Edited at: 26th Jul 2013 17:07
and a creenshot

Attachments

Login to view attachments
swissolo
Years of Service