Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Final Fantasy X-2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 13:02
Just finished it, and well heres what i think.

Graphics: No signifagant improvement from FFX, so they really didn't excite me.

Music: Ugh.... when oh when did square enix turn into "sh*tty music central. They coulda done a much better job, instead they through together dance beats, that don't even fit the game. They shoulda used the original music from FF10, plus a few new songs.

Sound Effects: I enjoyed um, Cause yunas gun sounded like a gun.

Voices: They mostly fit the charcters, altough i was thrown off with Wakka having a different voice.

Story: bad... well i didn't like it. It was full of Charlies Angels girl antics, and a crappy main story (you see a sphere so you think itshim.... geez, didn't the FFX-2 writers watch their own damn ending from FFX) at that. although there were a few funny things, the ending's (if you do all the side missions you get "ReUnited" extra ending.) were better then the ending of the original.

GamePlay: Battle was fun and i enjoyed the fast ATB, and Dress spheres. I was glad to see the EXP system of old back, along with alot of traditional FF stuff. I was so happy that damned sphere grid was gone.

Final judgement: Fun game play, "Brother" will get on your nerves fast, same with the "Charlies Angels" esque poses. But if your lookin for a ATB RPG for this week dish out the 39$(not sure but I think 34€)for it.

Rating: 7/10 for lack of good story and sh*tty music.

P.S. I completed it in approx 21:00

I'm sick of Signatures
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 16:17
It is improved from FFX, for one it doesn't have that mind numbling stupid battle system.
And what the hell are you on about with the music, alot of it is pop music for a reason ... it goes with the fact of who Yuna is.
The game on the whole is given a more modern feel.

And i've not seen charlies angels, but the story had alot more depth then X's

i mean if you completed this game in 21hrs then what level exactly did you get upto?
because to complete it that fast you'd have to have known close to everything to do, and personally i got stuck in the Plaza for a good while ... hate it when there is one person who have to talk to and they seem to hide.

but then really i've been playing FF VII right now cause i've finally got my own copy the only other copy i played was my brothers year ago ... barely got allowed to play it.

i'm stuck in that right now, cause you know that Ninja girl. I'm back in Waita and she nicked all of my bloody materia and i can't figure out what to do. Cause i looked for her under everything then she trapped me and my mates under some steel cage by tricking us. And now i've suppose to find the materia myself.

Now there are 3 places i need to check, that cat house, the fire cave and that Temple of the Gods.
but i get kicked out of the temple, i can't find a way to turn of the fire in the cave and soem bloody cat is laying in the way of the upstairs of the cat house and won't move

To Survive You Must Evolve... This Time Van Will Not Escape His Fate!
900mhz | 256mb | FX5200Ti 52.16 | Dx9 | WXP-Pro
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 17:02
Ok, first thing off, you're gonna want to buy ALOT of health and attack magic items. Secondly, after Yuffie traps your friend just press either switch to release them. Now there are a few places where she could be, the fire cave, the cat house, and I'm pretty sure the temple aren't one of these places, they are for events after you catch Yuffie, the fire cave is much later in the game, almost end of second disk if I remember correctly. There's a secert passage in Yuffies house which I think leads to her. After a breif battle you'll have to go up the mountain and fight a difficult boss fight, so you're gonna want a bunch of item that deal Lit damage, and of course a lot of heath items. It's been quite awhile since I last played the game so forgive me if I'm off a bit.

As for X-2, Square once again hands me a double edged sword. I disagree with some of there new tactics (teaming with Disney was the big one) but they have made some off the best games out there. I'm torn between my mind and heart, the knowlege that it doesn't look great but the fear that it could be.

DDR is the best form of exercise money can buy.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 17:30
Quote: "And what the hell are you on about with the music, alot of it is pop music for a reason ... it goes with the fact of who Yuna is.
The game on the whole is given a more modern feel.
"

Ugh fits yuna thats it... Why only pop, when i mean they screwed the music up, i also mean it by paines theme is a "pop" song. Is it me or does she look like a Punk, heavy metal head banger?
It's all pop, were some places it shoulda been different.

Quote: " but the story had alot more depth then X's
"

I beg to differ, I think the story was taking back things that were said an done in FFX.

Spoiler of FFX and FFX-2:

Quote: "i mean if you completed this game in 21hrs then what level exactly did you get upto?
"

63 with Yuna, 59 with Rikku, and 65 with Paine. I had Yuna master Gunner, white mage, and gun mage, Rikku got theif, and warrior done, and paine got warrior and black mage mastered. i'm gonna start a new game and try to get some of the higher level Dress spheres mastered this time around.

Quote: "hate it when there is one person who have to talk to and they seem to hide"

But isn't the frustration so so fun??

Quote: "i can't find a way to turn of the fire in the cave "
Gotta get the leviathan scale during the second CD before the submarine battle. But that isn't part of the Wutai Side quest.

I'm sick of Signatures
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 17:35
Quote: "teaming with Disney was the big one"

And here I thought Enix was the big one. Once they got Enix, they controlled the competition. And once they have the competition, they aren't gonna have to make games that will ahve to beat the best in the markets. Now the only compotition is Capcom... but they aren't close to square in the RPG market. This is why i forsee the downfall of Square-Enix. No Compo, no reason to beat out.

I'm sick of Signatures
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2003 19:53
i'm like 35hrs in so far Arrow and i only just got the ninja girl... went to waita cause i had like 80k to blow and the lil biatch ran off with everything.

i tried everywhere in her place and never found any secret entrance at all ... the collision in the game is starting to get right on my nerves now too.

what gets me if is i battle some weakass monsters to get the huge materia then onto another part where i play that C&C game, which wasn't too hard after that they go "hey lets see how cloud is doing!" i go there and face bleedin' weapon and get wiped out in 2hits

you know i'd love to know how the hell you get your people so high so quickly eric, cause at only 21hrs play my people were only lvl 30ish ... takes like forever to get thier levels up.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 05:13
Raven, press the selcet button, it'll show all the exits in a room.

Enix has made a number of great games, they were Square's only rival in Japan (failing to release later Dragon Quest games to the US killed them here). I have no clue as to who's idea X-2's idea was but I'm sure it wasn't Sakaguchi, SquareEnix realy needs him.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 17:08
Quote: "you know i'd love to know how the hell you get your people so high so quickly eric, cause at only 21hrs play my people were only lvl 30ish ... takes like forever to get thier levels up.
"

Special Family Recipie.......J/k..

I flew through most of the game... beat Dark Ixion (and Chapter 4) when i was at level 26, in about 10 hours, then spent the rest of the time leveling up on Gagazet and some inside the Besaid hole for about 8 hours. then i flew down the rest of te hole (hehehe beat Dark Shiva with a nice technique called flametounge.. ) in about 3 hours, fought vegnagun (and the few bosses before him) (what a SIN rip off ) and watched the ending..

Then i went back to a saved game and played all the extra missions, and watched the "ReUnited ending". I heard there was even another ending but you gotta beat the game faster or somthing like that. This is not part of the 21:00 though, this took me at about 28:00.

As for SquareEnix.. I just hope they pull it together in FF12, becuase if its gonna be anything like FFX, and FFX-2, i'll be quite dissapointed.

I'm sick of Signatures
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 16:58
Agreed, I really miss the days of Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Tigger, and Xenogears.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 19:32
'vegnagun' THAT was the big bossess' name? What's next, a boss called 'confetti' or 'hottubgirl_255'?

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 06:13
Arrow, there was no secret passage in her house... i completed the section - got even further so no worries, i'm stuck again trying to find something else now. I'm sure i'll figure it out though.

personally i thought Final Fantasy IX was the best so far, and i'm surprised just how much FFVII refferences the game has in it. It'd be countless to name, i've been even more shocked to learn the relation both games have ^_^

i've got to complete FFVII now just to complete the story. but i've read so much online about the game and what people think of the story and what bits mean, i'm surprised that they haven't got alot of it - as it seems that if they'd bothered to pay attention alot of thier questions have quite solid answers.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 16:19
By her house I ment her fathers house, not the hide out with the cage, not that it matters anymore.

I loved FFVII's story, I think only VI's tpos it. I never really got into IX, perhaps I should start it agian.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 22:31
i didn't find anything in her 'father's house'
actually what i had to do was sound the gong, and a door opened up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 20:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 20:22:41