Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Proximity Mines and Maybe More!

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2013 11:42 Edited at: 1st Aug 2013 03:01
I'm working on various types of explosives such as proximity mines, pressure mines and even remote detonated explosives.

For proximity mines the idea is that once your within a close enough range of the mine it will trigger to detonate. If you shoot it or another explosive goes off near by, it will detonate instantly. Currently it only affects other characters if they use the following line of code:

However most characters in FPSC do. Its basically any character that has the ability to open doors.

Proximity Mine Test Video

You can watch a video of my proximity mine tests below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVE8DpPrRhI&feature=youtu.be

Pressure Mine Test Video

I've also made pressure mines which may come in handy for your World War 2 set games. These types of mines are activated if the player happens to step on one. But will not detonate until the player has stepped off the mine. In the video example you can see it even works on enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_lkfdGBvuk

I may poke around with the idea of remotely detonated explosives as well soon.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2013 21:21
Hey Teabone
Good work
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2013 09:49 Edited at: 30th Jul 2013 11:17
Thanks ncmako, been focusing on the scripting more than the model itself for now. I'll work on making it look much better and throw a shader on it too.

In the video you see me shooting at the mine several times trying to make it explode; It only takes one shot to make it explode. I actually just have poor aim.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2013 09:09 Edited at: 6th Aug 2013 02:11
Updated the posted and added a video for Pressure Mines. Check out the video! You can see an NPC setting off the mine below

I have added shaders to the mines and may even re-design them all together once I get them working completely fine - fully tested.

I'm currently working on buried mines. Ones that are not so hard to detect. They will pretty much look like bumps in the ground.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:19:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:19:18