Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkBasic in a client server environment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have spent a bit of time on this site, and taking a brief look at some of the posts here, but cannot find out if DarkBasic has TCP-IP support.

My requirement is to have a server based service (which knows where all my characters are and what they are doing), which is then transmitted to the client interface (which would be written by the DarkBasic engine) which would modify the on-screen animation etc based on what it has just received.

So, does anyone know if it can deal with this type of scenario?
Tron 9000
Years of Service
User Offline
(Actually I have seen several posts like this...)

Yes, you can. I see it as if there isn't any feature Dark Basic doesn't have you can just make a DLL in another languge. So, you can with a TCP plugin I've heard about (meh, I just wrighting my own plugin for my MMORPG). O, and you can make the server side also in another languge and just make the client side graphics done in DB.

(Ironically I writing this in my Visual Basic Class )
PsychoHoseBeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply.

Incidently, I have already written a multi user text based adventure engine that I was hoping to be able to hook a DB client into via TCP-IP. That way, I could initially have the user input and text display as it always has been, and then have a separate window where the DB client would sit that would give a real-time 3d representation of your current location and other characters.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:26:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:26:39