Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Problem with MP10 Weapons in Ironsights

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 4th Aug 2013 05:29
Hello all

I am having a problem with MP10. When I go into ironsights on certain weapons (namely the M4 CQBR), it will play the firing sound. Also, when I fire a single round in ironsights, it will [lay the firing sound again when it is done playing the firing animation.

I fixed the problem once before but I accidentally copied the wrong file during back up and am stuck with the original, with no clue how I fixed the problem in the first place. Any tips?

Thank you,
Captain Coder

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am trying to use my passion for game creation for His glory.
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2013 06:31
I know there is a way, i'm just not sure how i did it either i think it was a download on the official mp 10 forum page.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2013 14:21
It be the sounds associated in the gun spec.

Its been a while since i delved into a gun spec, so, i can't remember all the correct terminology. However,

There is a section of text that has something similar to 'firesounds='

This will be followed by a pair of numbers. The first number is the animation frame in which the sound is triggered and the second number (after the comma) is the sound number.

So it will look something like,

fire=364,1
reload=244,2
ironsights=400,1
putaway=56,4

If you notice, 'fire' and 'ironsights' have the same number at the end. Change the number on ironsights to the same as your putaway sound (or another better suited sound) and you will have fixed your problem.

I hope this helps.

Unfamillia

Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 7th Aug 2013 06:44
@all: Thank you for offering help

@unfamilia: I know what you're talking about and I checked and played with it; I still have the same problem I tried adjusting animation frame sets and that has done nothing. I'm not sure how to change the soundframe without messing everything up either.

Any other ideas?

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I am trying to use my passion for game creation for His glory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:48:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:48:31