Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Model help with dark matter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The models the tutorials use are fine, but when I copy and pase the dark matter ones, they sometimes don't work, and they move really fast, always appear really far away on the screen, and aren't textured at all. What's going on?

Webmaster of www.mediashrine.com
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 03:06
make sure you put all the files in the darkMATTER cd into where you are using the model.....as for size, just scale them but i have never had any problems with them....aside from that, i don't know

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
nightmare
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean scale? Anyways, I put all the motion.x file into the same directory as the excutable/.dba file, and it just won't texture.

Stephen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 03:39
I do not know why it will not texture where it is, but I know a longer way of doing it. When you load the object type in the whole address starting with "C:".

Scale is a command.
Type "scale object objectnumber,xscale,yscale,zscale". The scale values will be percentages of what size it already is.
Example: If you type "scale object 1,200,200,200", it will be twice the size it already is. On "scale object 1,50,50,50" it will be half the size and so on
nightmare
Years of Service
User Offline
That won't help, someone HAS to know whats wrong..... *tear*

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 05:20
They are small? Scale object
They arent textured? Texture Object
They go too fast? Set Object Speed
Camera is Too far away? Thats your code

Gotta learn the langauge before you jump ahead.

RPGamer

Dont forget to Join the Forums!
nightmare
Years of Service
User Offline
but i've noticed that there model is already texture, and when I view the module in the dark matter broswer, it looks just like i want, and yet when I go all the way to the directory to copy and paste, its just the module. Could it be that dark matter just provides the module, allowing and forcing you to select your own texture to apply with code on it, and proveds only the shape and animations? And so it comes with its own textures to apply?

waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 15:11
did you also copy the model texture file/files to the new location where you placed the .x file?

internet gaming group
nightmare
Years of Service
User Offline
k, i found it. I was assuming that the textures were already applied to the module, and so that was my mistake. Scaling it got it to size, now I just need to work out a few other things, like its obnoxious speed. Thanks a bunch guys!!!

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 01:45
[Clears throat]
Set object speed

Didnt hear me the first time?

RPGamer

Dont forget to Join the Forums!

Login to post a reply