Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [SOLVED] How Do You Create Windows?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2013 10:33 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2013 11:19
Hey all I was wondering if anyone in the forums could help me out with some tips for creating windows. I've been modeling for quite some time and can now finally do a variety of assets for FPSC. Including objects, segments and even rigged characters fully accompanied with scripts. However there is one thing I actually dont know how to do. I'm trying to create objects with breakable windows.

I've figured out how to do this for segments with window entities attached to them. But I'm wondering if its possible to make an entity with a window attached to it?

The author of this post has marked a post as an answer.

Go to answer

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 03:41
This post has been marked by the post author as the answer.
unfortunately the window 'cut' is a segment function only. Other than that, for an entity version you would have to model the wall with a window hole in it and then place the window entity within it. But as far as I know there is no 'cutting' of entities.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2013 09:56
Sadly thats what I was doing placing an entity and floating windows into place on it. Wish there was a way to attach :/ perhaps this could be something for FPSC-R down the road.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 11:26
Okay so seeing as its not possible to do that I do have another question. I'm basically trying to make certain objects that have parts of them glass. With entities is it possible to make parts of them semi-transparent?

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2013 18:02
Hi Teabone
Quote: "objects that have parts of them glass. "

Quote: " is it possible to make parts of them semi-transparent"

Absolutely, one just has to make the texture in that area a little more transparent. Have a look at "Doomster's door pack..
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=195637&b=24 The doors have transparent windows, and they are both segments and entities. I have seen other examples here as well.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2013 11:55
wow impressive how does one make something not totally transparent? I know how to make an alpha channel but it comes out 100% transparent.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:08:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:08:03