Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Guyon's Guide to DarkBASIC pro alpha .02

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 15:58
For all the new programmers here is a VERY raw beginning to help you out:
http://darkrealms.dbpcommunity.com

In the Download section is Guyon's Guide. It is the very beginning of a replacement book for DBpro users. At this point there are only 4 sections finished, but hopefully you may find something of value.

For all others: Any help on this project would be greatly appreciated, by not only me, but every person that needs help and reads your section.

Keep in mind that this is in alpha form; any constructive criticism will be welcome.
hoopsdraw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 01:03
Thanks for starting a book project that helps new programmers to the language. Hopefully, I will soon learn enough to contribute to the book.
Darksyde
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 03:56
I am extremely impressed by this, and I'm sure a lot of newcomers (like me) will find it useful. The format and the way you explain the commands is very clear. I look forward to reading more. Kudos to you!

Athlon 2200 XP, 512MB RAM, Geforce 4 128MB
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 13:40 Edited at: 26th Nov 2003 13:44
Thank you both for you kind words. That will fuel me to press on and add more sections!
Pssst... There will be a new program section added to the end of each section closer to Christmas. It will be a program that will try and cover may of the section commands to show how they work together.

Also Check out the Monster Hunt game in my downloads section. It converts the DarkBASIC tutorial into DBpro! Monster Hunt is the best tutorial I have seen to teach 3d game creation. Best of all it is not hard to understand, even a beginner with some work can do it!
Darksyde
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 18:56
Cool. I plan on checking back on a regular basis from now on

Athlon 2200 XP, 512MB RAM, Geforce 4 128MB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:16:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:16:56