Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / [Advanced2D] Problem with anti-aliased lines

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm having some problems with anti-aliasing at the moment.

This code:

produces this line:

which is obviously not anti-aliased. Am I doing something wrong?

For the record, it seems to work (kind of..) when setting the AA-flag of set display mode to 4, but it behaves the same no matter if I set a2setlineaa to 0 or 1. So, what it comes down to is that a2setlineaa has no effect whatsoever on what a2lines look like...

Is there any explanation for that? I'm seriously clueless.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2013 17:45
When I run that code I get a correctly antialiased line. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and that the settings are the defaults. The most likely thing is that one of the options in the control panel for your graphics card is overriding the antialiasing option.

[b]
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2013 02:58 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2013 03:06
From memory, I've seen other commands interfere with this, where lines would be blurred when AA was switched on or off. I can't recall what the conflict was.

For the record, toggling the below AA on or off works for me just fine;

Help build an online DarkBASIC Professional help archive.
DarkBasic Help Wikia
ShellfishGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and that the settings are the defaults."

I just did, still the same results. :/

Quote: "The most likely thing is that one of the options in the control panel for your graphics card is overriding the antialiasing option."

This is not the case either, according to the Catalyst Control Center it's up to the application to enable or disable AA.
I'll try it on another PC asap, maybe there's just something wrong with my laptop...

By the way, is the a2dot command affected by a2setlineaa as well? Considering the x and y arguments are both floats, I thought that might be the case. Would make things a lot easier for me (once AA works, that is).

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2013 02:51
Screen anti-aliasing and line anti-aliasing are two separate properties. Given that the exact same code works for other people it seems unlikely to be a bug in the plugin, which means it must be a problem with the drivers, the hardware or the graphics settings. Sorry I can't be more help.

[b]
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2013 03:16
ShellfishGames, could you post an example executable? I have an Intel, Geforce, Quadro & Radeon graphics card that I can test this further for you. Remember to include your source too.

DarkBasic Help Wikia
ShellfishGames
Years of Service
User Offline
I've attached the executable and this code:

You can (in theory) toggle between enabled and disabled anti-aliasing using CTRL and SHIFT, but here the line looks equal in both cases.

Thanks for helping me out.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2013 20:03
Your executable works fine for me.

[b]
ShellfishGames
Years of Service
User Offline
I just tried it on another PC and get the same results as before... although I'm using a different OS and hardware (still an AMD card though).
When changing the settings in the Catalyst Control Center to "High quality", the a2line command produces anti-aliased lines, but still completely independent from the a2setlineaa command which doesn't seem to have an effect on anything.

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2013 03:51
I've tested your code on a Geforce 420M and a Quadro 3700M, both return correct results. The only video card left to try is my Radeon 5850. Being an AMD video card with the CCC, I'm expecting incorrect results as I think the CCC settings are causing the issue here.

DarkBasic Help Wikia
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 20:54
At first, your demo didn't AA the line for me either. I used my laptop with an Nvidia 635m and optimus. I changed my global setting to always use nvidia instead of integrated (cause I couldn't find the individual app for a localized setting) and then I had to change AA mode, which was set to override application settings and instead set it to enhance the application. Now the line appears to use antialiasing.

Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2013 23:13 Edited at: 25th Sep 2013 23:14
I'm finally sitting at my gaming PC, running a Radeon 5850 with latest CCC drivers to date... And the doesn't work. AA will not engage. Interesting!

DarkBasic Help Wikia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:10:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:10:21