Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Smooth Sprite Movement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2003 19:42 Edited at: 25th Nov 2003 19:44
I aplogize for posting this in two forums. I read the disclaimer after I posted it. It won't happen again!

Hi.

I have posted this message in the DBProSection too. It is my first question, so I wan't sure where to post it for maximum respponse.

I am making my second 2D DarkBASIC game. This one has more action and thus a lot more sprite movement. It has a spaceship at the bottom of the screen that moves to the left and right based on the left and right arrow key presses. I am using non blocking key commands. When an arrow key is held down and the sprite is moving left or right, a very small flickering in the sprite is seen. It is very annoying! I have my sync rate set to 60. Obviously, I am doing something wrong to cause this. I have looked on the message board elsewhere for solutions, but from what I have tried, the sprite movement is too slow or I get the same slight flickering effect. I am looking to achieve that smooth Galaga ship movement. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance! Look forward to chatting and learning with everyone.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:39:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:39:42