Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Need help with selling a model or doing donation button?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey guys, i just want to maybe release some models I now want to create a paypal to start all this.

so exactly as i go to sign up in paypal there are 2 options which are PayPal for you and PayPal for business now if someone who already did this will guide me which one is the right one to sell models and receive money in my card or doing a donation button and reciving money.

which is the one i need to choose? is PayPal for you able to people send you money as donations or do i have to choose PayPal for business?

thanks guys

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it contained offensive text. Why? WHYYYYY !
mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2013 18:30
Hi Dida, It's been a while since I did this myself, and I believe that when I did so many years ago, that this was possible with the personal account (which they have renamed to be the Paypal for you option). With this option you are able to set up simple Paypal Buy Now buttons and get the code for these to place in websites so that buyers can use to purchase items with Paypal.
The business option (Paypal for business) was not required unless you needed the extra options/functionality that this allowed, e.g. merchant accounts, etc.
So to sum up, all you need is the Paypal for you account and then look for the option to create your own Buttons to allow people to purchase from you (the payment goes to your Paypal account, so not sure about going to your card).
Hope this answers your question. Sorry that I can't really guide you on how to do any of this, but as I have said it's been a while since I did this myself and at the time the functionality was different to how it is now. Cheers and good luck.

Dida
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, thanks for replying. Is this available with donations too? Thanks!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it contained offensive text. Why? WHYYYYY !
mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2013 12:12
I believe it is, just depends on what kind of button you create.
I forgot to say that if you go with the personal account, you can always upgrade to the business account afterwards anyway.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 16th Sep 2013 13:25
Just to keep in mind, you have something like £2000~ or there about that you may send or receive [I believe it is both ways] before they force you onto a merchant account... or maybe that restriction was until you verified your accounts... forgot but I too have not touched much in PayPal for some time, I prefer SagePay ^^

Dida
Years of Service
User Offline
Okey what I do if i get a donation now? so the paypal like says i got a donation and in "My Account" I have like $1.00 how can i transfer them to my card or will it be automatic transferd? how will that work? thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:54:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:54:31