Ever had to rename more than 100 blender objects to be exported into a game, renaming them one by one? Ever had to rename the bones on a detailed armature according to their location on the X-Axis?
The object renamer will calculate a number of rename jobs for you. This is an undoable operator, located on the 3D object tool panel.
* Rename all object selected
* Rename all objects of a given type.
* Rename child objects.
* Rename according to data or given material
* Rename according to the object's position (EG: Left, Top, Right from Cursor)
* Perform a general action on all renamed objects
* Generate delimited attributes into the names
* Append object name / data name or something custom to the new name.
This script is yet to be released, with no warranty of any kind. You may use the script in your commercial projects and may create your own adaptation of it.
I am working on the batch object rename tool for Blender informally. Please provide any suggestions or ideas here. Later on I will refine it and release it at Blender.org.
The easiest way to use the tool is to select your objects, or group them and choose the 'Selected' or 'Grouped' options. When group is selected, all objects of the same group of the selected objects are renamed.
You may append something or nothing; the base name field is where you enter your name for all the objects.
If you make a mistake, do not forget to press F6 to make post alterations to the activated rename operation; this gives you a menu allowing to perform 'real-time' name tweaks.
Documentation is in progress...
To install, drop the attached file into your addons folder, and active the script in your addon preferences panel.