Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Missing vc60.pdb

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2013 15:34
I've never really bothered with this before as it's mostly annoying and it has been possible to debug the libraries anyway by manually pointing Visual Studio to their source files, but I'm annoyed at having them in my build logs all the time so I was thinking of dealing with the problem.

As far as I can tell this file is generated when building the DarkGDK libraries (with Visual Studio 6). Do anybody perchance have a copy I could have? Or is there some information on how to rebuild DarkGDK myself? I'm guessing it just uses the DBPro source with some other defined compilation settings (#ifdef(DARKSDK) etc.) but... we all know that DarkGDK isn't up to date with the latest DBP release, so it can't be that simple. Or?

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2013 16:54 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2013 16:55
Ah, never mind, found a separate branch for DarkGDK in the the Google Code repository...

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2013 18:35
Hm... ran into some problems when trying to recompile it.
The actual compilation works, but when I include the created libraries for a DarkGDK project it complains that there is no main method. Sure enough there isn't. If I add one, that is run and the DarkGDK() entry point functions is never reached (I can of course call that one from my own main function, but that obviously bypasses all the behind-the-scenes setup usually done by DarkGDK before hitting the user's entrty point function. Do anybody know what, and in what order, I need to call to start this process from my own main function? I've searched through the source code but has so far been unable to find any hints to the startup procedure from there.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2013 18:38
Oh lol, never mind, it's a windows program, it uses WinMain(), not main().
Funny how I always figure these things out just after making a post about it, but not when thinking it over for hours...

The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 00:35
I resolved those pesky linker warnings over here
(with the open-source code):

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209001&b=22&msg=2498625#m2498625

You can download the source code from there that has it and many other things fixed, or you can read later in the same message how to fix it yourself with your own copy/version of the source code.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 02:24
Thanks.
I already managed to compile it myself though

The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 04:20
I figured ya did, seeing this was from a few months ago! I was referring specifically to the vc60.pdb warning though
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 09:25
But that warning automatically goes poof if you recompile it to use vc100.pdb instead

The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 09:30
...if you recompile strmbasd.lib - yes. But I don't have the DirectShow SDK on my computer.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 12:15
There you go

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 15:06
lol! Well thanks!! Don't think that would help without the matching .pdb file though But I'm happy using the release version of that lib. The debug version wouldn't do any good anyway without the source code that went into it, which in this case is a level that's a step lower than I'd prefer what what I'm doing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:28:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:28:59