Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / New Community Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2013 23:10
Hi Guys. Would anyone be interested is a new Cosmic community pack?
I've been hunting for a good replacement for the stock illumination shader for awhile now, and found a good replacement. so I started goofing around with a bunch of animated and illuminated machines.

I thought this might be an easy and interesting theme for a community pack.

Any kind of machines are fine. Sci-Fi, Modern, Retro, Steampunk, doesn't matter. Any kind of machines from computers to radios, to industrial, etc., animated or not, doesn't matter.

Here's some of the stuff I've made so far and will contribute to the pack, if enough people want to join in.

This is a set of conveyors I made, I can add these too...

And of course, Fantasy machines too...

Let me know if you guys would like to join in. Thanks.

Back from the Wasteland.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Cosmic Prophet :- looking good as always good to see another pack in the works.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Great looking as always. As I've said before, I don't model, but would be happy to contribute some scripts or help contributors to add scripts to any models.

SC

Bringing you games since 1981!
VindiKator
Years of Service
User Offline
A new pack of quality cosmic Prophet.
I love partiulièrement machines, ideal for giving life to a video game.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2013 21:20 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2013 22:21
Thanks guys. Ok we have a scripter on board. Thanks. So if you want your creations scripted, we have it covered.

For the New folks: These Community packs allow all users to contribute they're skills to others, and recieve the same in return, Totally Free, with "NO" restrictions on use. It helps to create new, free media for everyone to use in they're projects, and allows new folks to show off what they've learned.

I like to include all kinds of media in my community projects, so anyone can join in, no matter what your good at. This can include models, decals, sounds,animated stuff, or just simple props, etc.

It also allows me give away some Free stuff to everyone as well.
I've added everything in the videos above, and we're just getting started.

So I invite all of you to "Join In", and lets see if we can come together, and create something great for everyone.

Thanks go out to Starmind for the new Loader animations. Great job! And if you dont know already, you can get the electricity decal in the video from the Community Sci-Fi pack. Also made by Starmind.

Back from the Wasteland.
Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2013 22:35
I'll make a few models for this too.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
What did you mean with maschines? Industrial or daily life like a coffee maschine?

Make this forum to something a little bit better and release more stuff. So we can push the Request/NoobHelp threads aside.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
If I have time I add something to the mix maybe some sound tracks or scripts, I'm sure I figure something out to help.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by pledging now :- http://vishnu.chipin.com/vishnu
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 00:55
Sounds like a cool idea. I'm in. I'll see what i can come up with.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 01:39 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 01:40
Great!

Corno_1: Any machines at all. Anything that can be used to decorate a game level. Industrial is fine, but you can even make a washing machine or a toaster. I'm playing around with some radios, and TVs next. And in any genra. Anything goes.

Back from the Wasteland.
Zombie_Expert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 02:48
Does the conveyor 'move' physic objects such as crates? :3

Knowledge of the undead since the age of 4.

Z_E
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 04:49
I could help with just about anything really. From modeling, to scripting and sound.

Youtube, Twitter, Instagram: Teabone3
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Great I join. I hope I get something done.

Make this forum to something a little bit better and release more stuff. So we can push the Request/NoobHelp threads aside.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 18:54 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 20:19
Teabone: Great! Oh, by the way, do you have model pack 22?

Back from the Wasteland.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 20:19 Edited at: 4th Oct 2013 20:46
Here's my first attempt using Blackfox's TV video texture. This is the "Atomic TV" it's styled after an old 1950's tv set, and plays a bunch of old civil defence propaganda videos from the cold war era. The Atomic Threat, Duck and Cover, etc.

It's a segment so you don't have to mess with positioning the video screen. It's positioned to set a few inches from the facing wall, and won't delete the floor segment it sits on.

Back from the Wasteland.
Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2013 23:08
Hey Cosmic Prophet, yes I do have Model Pack 22, great creatures in there.

Love the video example you got there using the video textures. One of my favorite of the new shaders.

Youtube, Twitter, Instagram: Teabone3
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 20:07
Great. Like you, I was looking for an alternate illumination shader That looked good alongside the tangent segment, and entity shaders. The model pack 22 shader is perfect for this. It's a character shader, but works, and looks awesome on other entities as well.

You just need to add a joint, or bone to the model, and assign the whole mesh to it. Then export as you would any animated model or character. The entity needs to be dynamic, and does not require any animations in the .x file to be present of course. Just the bone or joint.

Give it a try, I think you'll like the results. The illumination map neeeds to be copied to the alpha channel of the specular map. If you need any help drop me an e-mail.

Back from the Wasteland.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2013 20:09 Edited at: 5th Oct 2013 20:49
Quote: "Does the conveyor 'move' physic objects such as crates? :3"

I Wish! if anyone knows if this can be done, let me know, and we'll make it work.

Well we've got 5 people on board already. Sweet! I noticed things have slowed down around here in Models and Media due to Reloaded, but hey, I see it like this... Not "everybody" is going to stop using classic, and run right out and buy Reloaded. There are those who may be in the middle of game developments now with classic, and I don't see these folks dropping everything, and starting from scratch.

In my opinion, I agree with Lee, FPSC Classic is still a great, "low cost" platform for game developement, and it is. It's great for beginners as well.

Besides, since Reloaded will be supporting the .x file format, Nearly everything done so far will work in Reloaded too. After all, an .x file is an .x file, no matter what engine you use.

So, with that said.... C'mon folks, if you can find the time, "join in" and lets create another great Community pack like we've done many times before, and given us all some fine media for everone to use.

Ok, Now that I've steped down off my recruitment soapbox, I'm planning on re-woking some, or all of my old sci-fi machines that I made a long time ago. Better animations, textures, and illumination using the Model Pack 22 shader.

So if you own Model pack 22. You'll be able to use the new, updated versions of those models.

Back from the Wasteland.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 02:21 Edited at: 24th Nov 2013 21:45
Just did a really quick 12 tris Toaster Oven for the pack. Here is a pic of it. As you can see, it's a simple box. I wanted to keep it as low poly as i could.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9209/6b8f.jpg

Working on a 4 slice toaster next.

EDIT...........
you can now download both toasters in this post

gamer, lover, filmmaker

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
You should try getting a better texture, there, seppgirty. Those textures like that, which have lightning as the photograph is not made for textures make the model look bad. You should ALWAYS try and make neutral (As in no light-influence.) textures. Then you can add all those details with Speculars, Illumination, and Normal maps.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2013 21:19 Edited at: 9th Oct 2013 21:20
Quote: "I Wish! if anyone knows if this can be done, let me know, and we'll make it work."

I have a level where I have barrels that drop down from a hidden location and move as if on a conveyor.

I am afraid I cheat. I spawn the barrels and they simply move along a platform which substitutes for a real moving conveyor and they eventually fall downwards again to a hidden location as more follow on continuously.

The barrels move along because Yes you guessed it they follow a path (unseen of course) I never actually got around to animating a conveyor as that was just too much work in a level that is as most of mine experimental which tests out various ideas and FPSC in general.

Not sure if anything like that may be of help for you. It may work or be helpful or not as to be honest I am not sure you can even drop a dynamic entity on top of another and expect it to just sit on top and move along without some difficulty.

In my own case I even Load and Unload the Barrels in the level to save performance and they fall down onto the platform I use fine - it may be a different matter though if they need to sit on top of a separate animated and dynamic object. Not sure if you could just animate a texture for a conveyor of an entity?

There are those that said this day would never come. What have they to say now?
Willow
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 01:19
Quote: "Just did a really quick 12 tris Toaster Oven for the pack. Here is a pic of it. As you can see, it's a simple box. I wanted to keep it as low poly as i could."

I think it looks Great, Just the way it is.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 02:09
Quote: "You should try getting a better texture, there, seppgirty. Those textures like that, which have lightning as the photograph is not made for textures make the model look bad. You should ALWAYS try and make neutral (As in no light-influence.) textures. Then you can add all those details with Speculars, Illumination, and Normal maps."

Sure, i agree and understand.

Quote: "I think it looks Great, Just the way it is."

LOL, thank you willow.

gamer, lover, filmmaker
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 03:33
I agree with willow I would use it the way it is.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 11:43 Edited at: 10th Oct 2013 11:45
Here is something I am working on for the community pack.

Still a work in progress. Textures are rough. I have not decided if it will have machine guns or some kind of Shovel or what.

What ever it turns out to be it will be animated and have more texture work done on it.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116817174687197432570/albums/5784114342757050881/5933042555961987970?pid=5933042555961987970&oid=116817174687197432570

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 19:18
seppgirty; Thanks for the toasters Sep, cool!

Pirate Myke: Hey buddy, great to hear from you. Neat!,very nice. Steampunk is a favorite genra of mine. I plan to make some for this pack as well. Thanks for joining in.

Back from the Wasteland.
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2013 19:25
uman: Thanks for stopping by.

The conveyors in the movie clip are segments, with a dynamic entity attached. If I sent you the files, would you have some time to test your setup with them?

Back from the Wasteland.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm wondering if the conveyors could be 'faked' using invisible walls and the emitforce action. We'd have to create a fake look like Uman said.. I'll have a think.

SC

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 02:55
The conveyor thing is a bit more complicated than it sounds perhaps.

My construction is much like your own I can see in your video of level scenario though I have two ends of the said fake conveyor which are hidden for obvious/good reason.

One end the barrels drop down onto the conveyor - out of sight. Multiple barrels being spawned at timed intervals so I can have numerous barrels spaced out - a lot moving along a very long conveyor. (I limit the number for performance issue as I have a lot of others elsewhere too).

At the other end they drop down out of sight only to be destroyed while at the start more continue to be spawned so the barrels set at a large number to spawn continue to do so seemingly looping endlessly. You could loop endlessly around a level conveyor horizontally but not vertically as things would just fall off when upside down! unless they are actually part of the conveyor model in which case a player could not say push them off or pick them off.

In your set up how would they get on to the conveyor unless you want the player or another entity to place them on it? Thus there would be no objects auto existing on the conveyor - continuously. Perhaps that's what you want for the player to use the conveyor by putting objects on it and perhaps taking them of to suit a game purpose. Good idea - give the player some physical job to do in the game.

As you have a not straight conveyor you would need to use crates or similar and space them out so one would not get stuck against the other at the bend and force them off which might be fun. That is if they would actually not get stuck in the joint anyway? Its like a reversed corner - can they get around it. They cant bend so would have to move smoothly from the lower part of the conveyor to the angled upward slant without getting caught in the joint.

Barrels would not work in any case I don't think in this instance as they would just fall over perhaps when they get to the joint and hit it. You will need flat bottomed and stable objects.

If you have the conveyor in a level existing already why have you not tried actually placing a dynamic create or box on it? Spawning objects onto the conveyor in your instance would not be appropriate would it? Where would they spawn from and where would they go?

There are those that said this day would never come. What have they to say now?
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 08:40 Edited at: 11th Oct 2013 08:45
Well I did some more piping work and decided to add tesla guns to this it.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-mvss-YPdcvY/UleONoCsx_I/AAAAAAAAAOM/GoVwDonBsV4/w939-h704-no/MachineComp2.jpg

Time to work on the textures.

@CP - Glad to donate. Is there a poly limit for this pack. This model is at 36000 right now. Smooth round profile things are expensive, poly wise, to look good.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Pirate Mike,

Your model is looking great, but 36k polys seems pretty high to be usable.

SC

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 16:58
@SC - Thanks.
Actually FPSC handles it pretty well. I will probably shave off some of the Fat in hidden areas. Hexagon and octagon pipes just don't look good to me. I also have to burn the normal maps yet, so I should be able to bring the poly count down more.

lotgd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2013 19:47
Great Models Cosmic Prophet!

Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 05:26
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 16:22
Nice! love the detail. I'll be posting some more stuff as I get ot done. Thanks.

Back from the Wasteland.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 16:32
@ Pirate Myke
What ever you decide to call it, your machine looks fantastic
Can tell you put a lot of work into this.
best
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 16:58
Thanks, Coming along good, I am going to try and get a video by Monday of the rigging and animation.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2013 01:15
Kind of a bad thing that FPSCREATOR.com takes you to fpscreator reloaded's website. The popularity for FPSC Creator classic is going to go down the tube because of this.

I was hoping to produce tons of artwork for FPSC Classic but how can we be so sure people will still be using it?

Either way... I'm going to upload some stuff to this theme!

(Teabone)
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 15:57
Im in!

here is a little satelite model:

@Cosmic Prophet i'll send it over to you

Statelite:

-XDwannesXD
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 17:11 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2013 17:12
Got it. Cool.

If you don't care, I'll animate it and make it shader ready, and include both versions in the pack.

Thanks XDwannesXD.

Back from the Wasteland.
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 17:51
@Cosmic Prophet

Great! i cant do it myself right now because i am a little bussy

-XDwannesXD
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 05:42 Edited at: 26th Nov 2013 05:44
Rig test in FPSC for the Steam Walker. Coming along. 22000 polys

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2013 01:14
looking sweet pirate myke

gamer, lover, filmmaker
RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2013 13:27
Quote: "Rig test in FPSC for the Steam Walker. Coming along. 22000 polys
"

Gosh, it's the polycount of a old-gen ( X360 and PS3 gen ) AAA game, in comparison, Bond1's most recent characters have around 10k triangles :/

Does it runs smoothly in a finished level ?

Excuse my grammar errors, I'm French.
Pirate Myke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2013 03:18
@ - Seppgirty: Thanks.

@ - RelMayer: It runs rather well at the moment. A little expensive on the polys. But there are a lot of round objects, that I did not want to look squared off. Already trimmed out 15000 polys. Maybe I can squeak some more out of it. Still work to do.

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2013 23:25

Did a model of a radio. I did do a normal map, spec map, and a diffuse map this time. They are in the tga format. I did NOT set them up in the fpe file because i wasn't sure how to do it. If somebody would be so kind to do that for me i would be greatful.

I hope to do a washer and dryer next.

Download is in this post.

gamer, lover, filmmaker

Attachments

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for sharing, Sepp.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 20:55
Quote: "Thanks for sharing, Sepp."

No problem Elbow.

Here is the Washer and Dryer. Not sure if this pack is still going on. Cosmic may have moved over to the new Reloaded.

Any way, Happy New Year!

gamer, lover, filmmaker

Attachments

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2014 18:30
Great work guys. I'll be adding some more stuff as I can. Need to get some other stuff ironed out with my media hosting, and I'm working on a commercial project at the moment. But I'll keep this going, and hope more folks will join in.

Back from the Wasteland.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2014 00:38
Sounds great cosmic... I don't mind moving slow on the pack as i have been very busy myself.I hope to do a few more when i have time. Great to hear you have a commercial project.

gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:47:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:47:20