Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Free high bandwidth space needed...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 22:31
Please guys help,the reason I've been off the forums is I'm making a big website for a comedian,but I need bandwidth because of the many ppl who visit.I tried angelfire...went out like a light.There are also many videos and sounds of the comdeian,which can viewed and downloaded,so that's why I need bandwidth.Please,I can't pay so if you save my arse I promise I won't forget it...

Jeriko The Slyz,Yian The Craft,The Mechanist,The Lost One,Master Of Dots,Bambos O Bellos,Zolos O Kolos
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2003 23:45
No free service can offer reasonable bandwidth, infact most paid for web services can only handle a few gig a month and when we're talking videos...

Banshee recently reached 15gb+ a day, and the best hosting package we could find without negotiation was 50gb/month and that was unreasonably priced out of our reach.

We solved our problem by getting in to bed with a load of corporates and piggy backing off their servers, which gives us unlimited bandwidth and very fast download times. Perhaps a similar sponsorship deal is what you are seeking, especially if the comedian is breaking into more public media then there is a vested interest in them helping you.

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 00:50
I think [href]www.miarroba.com[/href] doesn't limit bandwidth. Not sure. I know they give 25mb, PHP, and 1 MySQL database. The drawback is that the server's control panel is in spanish, which isn't a problem for me, but I don't know about you. flatface.net also had a good service, except for the fact that they've been offline for a pretty loooong time.

Morfy's Law - Enythink thet ken go rong willll.
Cole's Law - Thinly sliced cabbage.
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 14:28
@Andy : How come man?I saw deals on angelfrie which were something like 15$ a month, for 30GB of monthly bandwidth.Also: will the bandwidth consumption be less rapid if visitors are not able to view videos/sounds,just download them?

Jeriko The Slyz,Yian The Craft,The Mechanist,The Lost One,Master Of Dots,Bambos O Bellos,Zolos O Kolos
Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 14:31
@TK: I'm confused by spanish ...could you please try and see if there no bandwidth limit or if it is so small they don't mention it?

TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 15:30
I just checked it. The transfer is unlimited. They have sites with over 1gb per day

Morfy's Law - Enythink thet ken go rong willll.
Cole's Law - Thinly sliced cabbage.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 20:31:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 20:31:35