Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkNet Sending Too Much Data?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2013 22:56 Edited at: 16th Oct 2013 23:07
Hello! I did not know where else to post this question as it seems DarkNet does not have it's own section/site so here it goes ;P

I am trying to send a bunch of integers using the following code,

As you can see I've commented out the three for loops, if I uncomment them as soon as the message sends my client disconnects, I can reconnect the client and go through the process again but unless the for loops are commented out the message never fully gets to the client and the client always disconnects.

The server reports it fully sends the packet yet the client gets no message of a packet received it simply disconnects.

I have messed with the sendPacket SetMemorySize and increasing it considerably seems to hold no effect.
Making the loops only loop 6 times instead of 7 the message sends fine and the client receives it although this is very minimal data and I will need to send more information in this particular packet in the future.

How can I make it so I can send more data at once?
Is there a limit on how many integers you can send in one packet?
Maybe I found a bug as nobody has ever tried to send this much data (although it doesn't seem like it's that much at all really)

Thank you for your help as always it is greatly appreciated!
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 16th Oct 2013 23:47
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2013 00:04
Have a look at mnSetProfileBufferSizes - default is 1024 bytes I think.

If too much data is received the client will disconnect.

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2013 00:17
That did the trick! Thank you for the quick response

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:21:37
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:21:37