Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Paying for free content

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings, FPSC community!

I am part of an independent game development group that is working on a project unrelated to the FPSC engine and associated software.
However, we strongly believe that all indie developers, regardless of goals, team size, engine or project should support each other's efforts, and that is why we would feel much more comfortable about using free assets if we could pay some form of fee for their use, even though they have very generously been provided without charge.

We also feel that respect between indie developers is very important, and regard it as a matter of common courtesy to ask permission from these artists to use their assets in our project.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a button or link to contact individual members of this forum, so I'm posting this following list here in the hope that the artists on it will see it:

Lafette
Wizard of Id
Cosmic Prophet
Gencheff

Please note that this list is in no way intended to imply that anyone not on it doesn't measure up in some way in terms of quality products - the people on this list are simply the artists who've made assets that fit our project requirements.

Thank you for your time.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2013 08:29
Good day I see you don't have contact information available as well.kindly supply email address or contact me via

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2013 14:37
Namnlosen

That's a very refreshing approach to using media! Something rarely found these days.

If you type those artists names into the forum search bar below, you will find all threads posted by them. Click on their name in any of the threads and it takes you to their 'profile page' their contact details (if they have posted any) will be found there.

Welcome to the forums.

Jay.

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2013 16:50
Very nice to see this indeed. It is not necessary but I'm pretty sure those guys would appreciate it.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2013 18:50
Quote: " Something rarely found these days. "

Come on! As if this was more frequent in the "good old days" of free content

But seriously, admirable point of view!

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2013 19:28
Quote: "Come on! As if this was more frequent in the "good old days" of free content"

I was really meaning the refreshing approach in general.

I wasn't around in the 'good old days' of free media, so, I have no point of reference. Although, those 'good old days' sound pretty awesome!

Jay.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2013 23:47
Namnlosen: Welcome! Thanks for the offer, But Free, is Free in my book. There are never any restrictions on my free media, or in the Free "Community Packs" I have Overseen. a Little mention in the credits is nice, but not required.

all my best, Dale Edwards A.K.A. The Cosmic Prophet.

Back from the Wasteland.
Namnlosen
Years of Service
User Offline
I've added my e-mail address to my profile; I hope it's visible to everyone.

@Cosmic Prophet: thank you for your permission to use your assets; it goes without saying that we will credit everyone who contributes in any way to our project.

@Wizard of Id: do you have a list of which assets you've made, and which, if any, you might allow to be used outside the FPSC? I've seen Tunnel Set 8 here, and a thread asking for suggestions for Tunnel Set 9; and a Google search turns up images of earlier Tunnel Sets, but it's unclear if they're all separate sets, or if several of them are remakes and upgrades.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:10:12
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:10:12