Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] - Star Trek ASCII game with graphics !

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2013 19:35 Edited at: 21st Jan 2020 16:32
Hello.
I was surfing the net a while ago and came accross the old "star Trek" game from the 70's here and thought I would make this for the Android platform (there already is a V good version for Android available).

I checked some old books for code and decided on a version from the 1981 book "64 Explosive Games for the ZX81".

Now converting ZX81 BASIC to DBpro was a learning experience and my results are very messy code, but I tried to follow the ZX81 code flow so as to get the idea of how the program runs.

Anyway it worked, its buggy and is ripe for improvement, I cant stop messing with it and have already added images and sounds as well as a colour energy bar.

So before I continue to tinker with it I thought I would offer the code up here so others can mess with it.

I have attached the media folder to this post. Thanks must go to IBOL for the alien head making code.

Here is a video of gameplay.

The game window should be 800X600
The quadrant display should not show the enemy position, I just had them showing for development purposes.
Here is the code: (media attached to post)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vidiot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2013 23:34
There was something like this sold for the TRS-80. It may have been called "Trek80" although I don't recall. All I know was that it was a machine language program and actually had a little arcade action. You could actually see klingons shooting asterisks at star bases and you had to move in, guess an angle and fire. The you could zoom out to a long range scanner and jump to any of 100 sectors and of which might contain a hoard of klingons. It was a lot of fun.

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything? "Tea for Two". Deep Thought was Dyslexic.
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 15:15 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2014 15:27
Sounds similar to this game but with added excitement

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:31:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:31:22