Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Rescue the Valkerie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2013 23:51 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2013 23:52
Rescue the Valkerie is a first person RPG that I've been building for just under a week now. The levels are being in made in FPS Creator while the game code is in DB Pro. This is letting me make the game rapidly but as deep with its subsystems and puzzles as I want to go. I am inspired by old school role playing games, especially party based ones and I'm having fun putting this together at the rate of a couple of hours of work per evening.

At this point I have only got some screen shots to show, here they are...

wattywatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 03:26
I like that brick texture a lot! Are you planning on implementing any sort of normal mapping?

http://www.indiedb.com/games/max-vs-mars
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2013 04:48
From our earlier conversations I can see this being very cool. I will watch this space with interest.

Burn retina, burn!
Kingius Returns
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 09:35
Thanks guys. Normal mapping is a bit beyond me, I am afraid. I'm aiming to put new screenshots up regularly. Every day I make a little bit more progress on the game and on the engine (actually, I alternate between each as a way to structure the development, so one day is engine day and one day is level day). I have the first two levels done so far and I'm working on the combat side today. I'll put another shot up at the weekend.
Kingius Returns
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2013 14:26
Two new screen shots here, showing some of the progress being made on both the level and engine fronts:

A shot from level 2...

A shot from the prototype battle engine...

The story to the game is that a Valkerie has been kidnapped by a mad tyrant. When you would not submit your people to the tyrant's rule and personally worship him, you were taken prisoner. Your people are now leaderless. You must escape from the prison and rescue the Valkerie before all is lost.
Kingius Returns
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 23:01
Here is a new screenshot, from level 4...

I'm having some issues with importing entities from FPSC into DarkBasic and so may make the whole game in FPSC after all. As I'm learning the creator I'm discovering it is more flexible than I thought.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:47:01
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:47:01