Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with LOAD OBJECT

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, here is my problem
I have a matrix and I really just want to throw some grass around on it here and there. The problem occurs (which is that the frame rate drops to nearly nothing) when load multiple objects even as few as 5 or 10

As you can guess this isn’t the actual code. It was only created to try and pin point the problem I was having. Any suggestions or conformation that what I want to do is outside of the scope of what DBPro is capable of will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2003 07:04
how many polygons are in your "plant" model? if it has a lot of polygons, and you are loading 100 of them... you will definately see a frame hit. also what are your computer specs?

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!
Laserus
Years of Service
User Offline
Um, I dont know the polygon count off hand. Er, i just sorta chose a grass model at random from some pre-made ones, bur looking at i would guess that it has alot of polygons.
i have a thunderbird 1.4 ghz 768 ram
right now im working on drawing only a couple of grass models and repositioning them as they leave my field of vision, and if that dosent work i am going to try to make one big model of all the plants in the level, and try to super impose it on the level somehow, taking ground height into effect, i guess, or something, i dont know.
thanks for the reply

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 09:21:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 09:21:58