Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Windows Mobile App

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 12:13
Can you help?

I'm sure someone must have asked this already. All new to me, but I'm struggling to find where I can get hold of the AppGameKit Player for the Nokia Lumia 620. Hopefully the windows phone is supported and maybe someone can share with me a link to enable an install.

Many thanks, Ian.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 21:55
If you look in <AGKPath>\Players\Windows you will find a workable Windows Player.

If it is started using the Windows.bat file, you get a working Player that receives stuff from the AppGameKit IDE.

Installing it on a Windows mobile device might or might not work. You need to make sure to install all the files in the <AGKPath>\Players\Windows directory.

The setup.agc file determines the size and shape of the Player.

But getting the Player to exit using the exit button on the screen does not appear to work and it also sort of hangs when you use the Windows 'x' box to close it (in Windows 7 Pro at least).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Windows Phone does not natively support OpenGL (which is what AppGameKit was built on). So, you cannot develop for Windows Phone nor can you run AppGameKit apps from such a device. AppGameKit only supports Windows Desktop applications.

Adding Windows Phone support was the last stretch goal of AppGameKit V2 but one that did not get funded, so it is unlikely such support will be provided at any point in the foreseeable future.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2013 23:15
I forgot that part about Windows Phone. Trust Microsoft to make things more difficult.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 12:38
Thanks for this, appreciated. I've managed to sort this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:41:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:41:51