Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Touch screen issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 12:39
I've installed the AppGameKit player and broadcast one of the example games, smackit. However, although the game is received by the player and runs, music, graphics etc, it does not respond at all to touch screen.

Anyone come across this and any suggestion as to what the problem maybe?

Many thanks, Ian.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 15:53
Are you sure that the version of your Player is the same as your AppGameKit IDE?

The Android Player in the Google Play Store is for v10819.

What version of AppGameKit do you have installed on your PC?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2013 16:40
Thanks.

Just updated my AppGameKit to BETA v108 and seems to be ok now (apart from a graphics glitch too).

When running in the AppGameKit IDE environment, all graphics are displayed. However, when running on the player, it fails to load one of the graphics and it is represented on screen by a square with blocks on each corner. I considered maybe it's a memory limit, although I have 4gb Sd card and taking away some other graphics is still making no difference. Any ideas?

Cheers.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 18:27
Check the name of the actual file and see if it is exactly the same, including case, as that used in your program. Android devices are case sensitive about file and folder names.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 18:35
Hi, thanks. I've checked the case of the filename held and also referenced in the code, all lower case. I have many graphics being loaded, all in lower case and for some reason only this one is causing an issue.

Cheers, Ian.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 04:05
Is the program you are having difficulty with still the smackit demo?

Have you tried a very simple test program to see if it can load just that one image?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 09:41
Having tried the graphic on it's own, still the same problem. I then replaced the graphic and all is good. Must have been some corruption somewhere in the PNG, but odd that windows didn't have a problem using it.

Cheers, Ian.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 15:04
Windows is more flexible and accepts more image types. It has a long history behind dealing with images.

Android is a bit newer and not quite as flexible. Typically, an Android platform does not have the luxury of as much disk space as most Windows machines does. So, its core can only do so much.

It might not be a corruption so much as a property of the image.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:04:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:04:24