Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [WiP] Dephts of R'lyeh [Cthulhu/Lovecraft Fantasy Pack]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 11:33 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2013 11:35

Hi!

Welcome to the work in progress thread dedicated to my new 3D project.

What is this?

I aim to design a large library of inhuman architecture to create a city inspired by the lovecraftian city of R'lyeh.
Wether you want to develop something inspired by lovecrafts writing, related to it or just a fantasy game where you need some wierd architecture for, I'm your man!
The content of this pack will be slightly inspired by HR Giger and the numerous other artists who illustrated the city of R'lyeh before. However, most will just be plainly made up by me.
I'm aware that whenever someone does something lovecraft related for videogames, some fan might want to point out the inconsistencies of my models with the (vague) descriptions in call of cthulhu. (I don't have enough to show yet for this statment to be true, but it might be once I do bigger outdoor architecture). Here are some things to keep in mind, neatly packaged in a quote box:

Quote: " 1. I can't design architecture that borders in another dimension in milkshape...or anywhere else for that matter.
2. This is not a dead serious project! I take a lot of artistic liberties here.
3. I might not use original font/glyphs from the mythos but instead rely on some sumerian.
4. The pack has 3 different themes. Ancient rock/ pseudo-organic architecture and crystal. I'm aware that none of the later two where mentioned in call of cthulhu...however, I think these fit the lore pretty well.
5. The Skybox I use (designed by Rolfy) implies that the city is not very deep under water. I know this is false. Its for presentation purposes only "

What's R'lyeh?

R'lyeh is a fictional city that first appeared in the H. P. Lovecraft short story "The Call of Cthulhu".(Which I have in my library under the ingeniously translated title "Cthulhu Geistergeschichten". German translation for fantastic literature was apparently in its infancy back then.)
According to Lovecraft's short story, R'lyeh is a sunken city in the South Pacific and the prison of the entity called Cthulhu.

The nightmare corpse-city of R'lyeh…was built in measureless eons behind history by the vast, loathsome shapes that seeped down from the dark stars. There lay great Cthulhu and his hordes, hidden in green slimy vaults. - From H.P.Lovecrafts "Call of Cthulhu

What features can I hope for?

Large Asset Pack of in and outdoor props
FPSC-Loaded and Reloaded ready
Normal and Specular Maps
4 cool ambient soundtracks!
Optimised meshes and textures

Please note that characters will not be included in this pack!

What have you got for starters?

I started this pack designing a medium sized, inhuman statue to get a vibe for where this is going:

There is one on a decorative pillar and a bare/modular one!

Second, I started to work on some simple indoor- construction sets. These include one for outlandish hallways and halls. Which consist of 4 different variations for walls. Here are two:

And 3 variations for pillars. This first set of pillars is designed to look a bit organic and alien.

Here are some screenshots I threw together. These are a little simple and don't represent what a skilled designer could do with these

Thanks for taking a look!

Are you a fan of Lovecrafts Writing? Did you read the other Authors that contributed to the Cthulhu Myth?

If so, you might help me out on some things I did not find out on my initial research. I must admit, I did not reread the stories I have as a preparation for this pack so I don't remember all the details. The infos I found via google are also cryptic so...if you are a Yogshothotnerd:

1. I found some sentence that Cthulhus spawn built R'lyeh. If so...why is it his "Prison". If not...who built it? Is this ever adressed?

2. I'm aware that Cthulhu is quite huge... so would his grave be. But what about the rest of the city? How large where the beings it was intended for?
For convenience, I decided the first few models having architects in mind twice the size of human beings.
I know I'm being a little overanalytical about this, but hey! its an artproject, so indulge my pretentiousness

If you read all this, why not post a comment and make an old Wolf happy?

-Wolf

http://www.serygalacaffeine.com
"absurdity has become necessity"
XDwannesXD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 15:35
Looks great as always

Keep up the good work!

-XDwannesXD
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 17:26
Awesome work wolf. Cant wait to see more.

Back from the Wasteland.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 21:02
great work wolf I'm glad to see everyone is still working on models fpsc. so much can be done with fpsc at it peek.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2013 23:46
Incredible! You've definitely captured the alien feel of the Deep Ones! I want I want I want!

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice work wolf as always nothing more to say than can't wait.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.
Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 07:57 Edited at: 5th Nov 2013 07:58
Thank you guys! Its always a pleasure to have these work in progress threads here when I get that kind of feedback

Here is a little update.

If you use google's image search and look for RLyeh, you will find a lot of illustrations by an artist called "John Coulthart. His images had a building in it that cought my eye. It wasn't very developed in his earlier sketches of R'lyeh but definately stuck out in his 3D renders.
I liked the design and found that it felt right with what I can do to get all this in FPSC so I worked with it and came up with this building. Similar concept with more details and a pyramid-like base. I added some wetlooking seafloor-mud to it so it truely appears like it just emerged from the deep.

[center]

Now, while I can represent this well in toolbag, it was a bit of a struggle to get it to work in FPSCClassic due to its size. It either ignored the lightmapping, didnt show up in the map at all, was placed elsewhere in the editor than it was in the testgame or just didn't look good.
I ended up with a sketchy screenshot though.
Its likely that the FPSCClassic version of this pack will either miss some of the very large buildings or have smaller versions of them.
I got it into FPSCR which, I am happy to announce, appears to easily take large, towering buildings and have a decent amount of them in the same map aswell...I can't however make decent presentation shots with it because there isn't much of a lightmapping system in it yet
So that screenshot turned out to be substandart aswell.

I hope you guys can take a look at the toolbag renders and then use your imagination and picture a level with this huge monument.

FPSCR

FPSC

There are versions with and without mossy/algae hanging from it and there are two modular versions without the pyramid-base.

A detail view. The algae/underwater plants that hang on these spikes aswell as some carvings/details on them. There is different carving on the large spikes than there is on the smaller ones.
[/center]

Note that I will work faster on this pack than I worked on Modelpack 77. Everything in Modelpack 77 is more detailed and polished as the elements in this pack. This does not say that I rush this pack it just means that I can't spend like a whole hour on a single model if I want this pack to be as big as I hope it will be (except this building. I ran in a lot of problems and almost deleted it 2 times in the process)
I also find that I am not as good with large objects as I am with smaller / midsized assets.
Also note that not everything in this pack will have spikes on it

What do you think?

-Wolf

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 21:45 Edited at: 5th Nov 2013 21:48
Great artful work, as usual, Wolf - although it totally bypasses my personal cthulhian taste .

BTW: if I remember correctly, R'lyeh wasn't built or even meant as Cthulhu's prison, it is rather that Cthulhu and his mateys are somehow subject to a "right constellation of stars" in order to be able to make planet Earth an unsafe place to live again. So, when the last such constellation dissolved, he became immobilized at R'lyeh.

So, one nice accéssoire for you to make could be a kind of disfigured "star map", hewn into (partly effaced) stone, indicating the "right constellation", but viewed from an impossible (i.e. extradimensional) Point of view. I wouldn't know how to even try to depict it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you come up with something convincing in this respect.

Likewise, a few five-pointed star thingies would come in handy, since they are one of the very few things somehow suited to offend cthulhu's Entourage.

While we're at it, again, for my personal taste, all these spikey-spikey thingies are utterly un-cthulhian - psychoanalytically speaking, Lovecraft's personal horrors had not at all been of the "male" kinds ... Cthulhu doesn't threat to impale, he will rather engulf his victims.

So, congrats to what you achieved so far, and sorry that I don't like it Sincerely no offence intended!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that those underwater Vistas are great, anyway.

Lives of great men all remind us we may make our lives sublime
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 22:10
These look very nice wolf keep em coming

-Grip

Look i make games using fps creator,udk unreal engine,cry engine 3,and unity 3d
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2013 23:11
Quote: "1. I found some sentence that Cthulhus spawn built R'lyeh. If so...why is it his "Prison". If not...who built it? Is this ever adressed?"

It´s not a prison, it´s rather an eternal tomb. It is never clearly mentioned who built the Great City for which purpose, but it is hinted in some of Lovecrafts works that the Great Old Ones got their asses kicked by even more powerful beings in the twilight of the universes´ birth. Cthulhu is dead or at leastin a state very close to death, from which he can only awake when the stars are right and enough mortal lunatics perform the right worshipping.

Quote: "2. I'm aware that Cthulhu is quite huge... so would his grave be. But what about the rest of the city? How large where the beings it was intended for?"

It was never meant for any other beings, it is mentioned that even father Dagon and mother Hydra are dwarfed by its architecture, which wold clearly lack all spikes. Don´t get me wrong, I like the design, but it has nothing to do with any description provided by HPL or even (cough) Derleth. But all descriptions speak of a huge architecture created of non-eiklidic geometric blocks of a material that is neither stone nor brass, and sometimes the very flat surfaces, like polished, are specifically mentioned. Yes, the general architecture speaks of spiked towers, but that refers to their shape, not to their surface.

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work! Now iif we could get Smallfish to come back and maybe do a remake of his 3 games.

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yes, the general architecture speaks of spiked towers, but that refers to their shape, not to their surface.

"

Yes, sooo true, Ertlov. And, given that R'lyeh is a VAST complex, "spiked" is spiked like the Cologne Cathedral or the Eiffel Tower. You'll have to see it from a distance to behold it in their full height, and then, it is somewhat spikey... but when you're standing beneath it...

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 08:44 Edited at: 7th Nov 2013 09:12
@Yrkoon:
Quote: "Great artful work, as usual, Wolf"

Thank you!!

Quote: "While we're at it, again, for my personal taste, all these spikey-spikey thingies are utterly un-cthulhian"

I agree. Its quite simplistic, isn't it? And yet the easiest way to get something alien / demonic across.

When I was a young teenager around 13 years of age I always thought that movie directors or artists where somewhat short sighted. I thought to be able to have far greater ideas in my head and once I'd be able to bring them to canvas/reel I'd show them!! As I grew older I noticed how stark the contrast between what a human being can imagine and what he can create is and that these famous painters and directors where indeed geniousses beyond me
.... especially if said being uses ms3d.

You see, the assets I make here are certainly not the R'lyeh I saw in my minds eye when I red "Call of Cthulhu". That R'lyeh was far more monolithical and in itself abstract. It did in no way have any spikes whatsoever. However, this is not the R'lyeh I imagined, its the one I can do in Milkshape

Quote: " a kind of disfigured "star map", hewn into (partly effaced) stone, indicating the "right constellation", but viewed from an impossible (i.e. extradimensional) Point of view. I wouldn't know how to even try to depict it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you come up with something convincing in this respect."

Will do! I can reuse stuff like that in Spyra, so its a great idea.
I have some ideas on how to depict that. The only somewhat challenging aspect will be bringing across that it IS a starmap yet at the same time making it "unreadable"

Quote: "Likewise, a few five-pointed star thingies would come in handy, since they are one of the very few things somehow suited to offend cthulhu's Entourage."

I planned that already

Quote: "psychoanalytically speaking, Lovecraft's personal horrors had not at all been of the "male" kinds ... Cthulhu doesn't threat to impale, he will rather engulf his victims."

How Freudian of you Perhaps that says more about you than about Lovecraft?

Just kidding, you are correct of course. Altough that might also be related to the fact that a lot of his horror is based on the otherworldy look of sealife and how these creatures feed, the extradimensional-snatch symbolism can't be denied. Nor the fact that in all his stories the male protagonists end up insane... and that interpretation says something about me doesn't it?

After all, I'm already working on some Giger ' esque giant ...holes.

Quote: "So, congrats to what you achieved so far, and sorry that I don't like it Sincerely no offence intended!"

Not at all! Thanks for the criticism! I appreciate that alot

Quote: "So, when the last such constellation dissolved, he became immobilized at R'lyeh."

That kind of implies that he is simply there by accident?
..or that R'lyeh has been built by a pre-human civilisation to worship the uncomrehensible being present there...sort of errected around him. They eventually perished, probably because a civilisation based around worshipping or maybe just studying cthulhu could not end well for any civilisation.
Perhaps they simply died out with the dinosaurs. Perhaps I should stop this train of thought now.

However, Wikipedia states that cthulhu and his minions built the city and led a battle against some other beings that Ertlov mentioned.

@Ertlov:

Quote: " it is mentioned that even father Dagon and mother Hydra are dwarfed by its architecture"

Yes! Sadly I can't do that in FPSC =/

Quote: " and sometimes the very flat surfaces, like polished, are specifically mentioned"

Some extraterrestrial mineral comes to mind. I will see if I can do something wierd with specular mapping

Quote: "Yes, the general architecture speaks of spiked towers, but that refers to their shape, not to their surface."

I see to adding some

@Starmind: Thank you!!

Quote: "Now if we could get Smallfish to come back and maybe do a remake of his 3 games."

The principality of mars was cthulhu related?

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it.

I don't have an update this morning, so here is a semi-related artwork I found in my research for this:

-Wolf

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 09:39 Edited at: 7th Nov 2013 09:40
Quote: "However, Wikipedia states that cthulhu and his minions built the city and led a battle against some other beings that Ertlov mentioned."

Well there is always the (almost religious) question if you accept Derleths works as Kanon. At least some of the later works, where he transforms HPLs basic idea of "a Cosmos of chaotic, evil disorder, with misteries a human mind can´t comprehend without going insane" into a "universe dividied up between "good" and "evil" raging an eternal war, are considered as blasbhemy.

A nice blend of original HPL concepts and few, selected enhancements from his heirs is the basis of the Pen & Paper RPG.

If we stay as true to HPL as it´s possible, R´lyeh is a kind of interdimensional transport chamber that allows the Great Old Ones to shift between realities, time and space. However, an even greater force has stopped or at least halted that influence and entombed him there untill the stars are right and the worshippers shift the balance of things. The last time this happened, Norwegian Sailor Gustaf Johansen managed to stop Cthulhu as he was in a still weakened state after awakening when Johansen rammed him with his ship.

And Cthulhu is by no means the leader of the Great Old Ones, depending on what you read how he is rather their priest or "transporter chief".

Come to where the madness is:http://www.indiedb.com/games/into-the-dark
yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 18:27 Edited at: 7th Nov 2013 18:27
Quote: "

Quote: "So, when the last such constellation dissolved, he became immobilized at R'lyeh."

That kind of implies that he is simply there by accident?

"

Naaah, I just let my penchant for being minimalistic hang out
Admittedly your Interpretation is one possible variant, but it is not the only one. HPL's Pantheon has many tiers, and it is not consistent even only across HPL's stories. Basically, I'm saying Cthulhu was at home when the constellations changed. But, likewise as his awakening needs human assistance, his lapse into catatonia is sometimes initiated from "even more powerful forces".
So, Ertlov is right,too.

However, Wikipedia states that cthulhu and his minions built the city and led a battle against some other beings that Ertlov mentioned.
"

And they're right, too

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2013 19:04 Edited at: 7th Nov 2013 20:17
Quote: "I have some ideas on how to depict that. The only somewhat challenging aspect will be bringing across that it IS a starmap yet at the same time making it "unreadable" "

Maybe, the starmap as such doesn't have to be a flat piece, but rather an irregularly angled, hollow or transparent object, possibly with attachable "alignment devices". Now, If the stars are right AND the object is held correctly with the alignment devices pointing at the right stars,the object lights up, the stronger, the closer we are to the right constellation. UNFORTUNATELY, the alignment devices are of nonlinear design, you know ... ;]

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
your screenshots make me even more hot on dark souls 2

really nice work

Corno_1

Make this forum to something a little bit better and release more stuff. So we can push the Request/NoobHelp threads aside.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The principality of mars was cthulhu related?"

No, but he did do a 3 part story arc, Tales of Cthulhu.

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 02:02
Just "Wow" Wolf. Love the look of these. A real sensation of uneasiness. Especially the walls and hallways. I feel your pushing the "envelope" with these.
best

You know you're a bad gamer when you're able to run out of infinite lives.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 03:55 Edited at: 8th Nov 2013 03:56
Hey if you're looking for a constellation design, perhaps you can use the original elder sign as the constellation and just dot the ends and intersections of lines. Sorry for such a big picture.

Model pack 66-99 high quality items...cheap!!
"Who loves ya baby!"
oxid
Years of Service
User Offline
a simple world for your great work : AMAZING
i love Lovecraf and i think you have captured his atmosphere.

i think a game based on the R'Iyeh city can be great.

do your pack will be free or not ?
i'm very interessted by your work.

thanks a lot !
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 17:49
@Ertlov
Quote: "a "universe dividied up between "good" and "evil" raging an eternal war, are considered as blasbhemy."

Well...thats a bit infantile. So I keep that out of my pack.

Anyway, I notice that you know Lovecrafts Stories quite well! If there is anything specific you think would fit in the pack, please tell me

Quote: "R´lyeh is a kind of interdimensional transport chamber that allows the Great Old Ones to shift between realities"

I try to work this in.

@yrkoon:

Quote: "Maybe, the starmap as such doesn't have to be a flat piece, but rather an irregularly angled, hollow or transparent object, possibly with attachable "alignment devices". Now, If the stars are right AND the object is held correctly with the alignment devices pointing at the right stars,the object lights up, the stronger, the closer we are to the right constellation. UNFORTUNATELY, the alignment devices are of nonlinear design, you know ... ;]"

Alright! I do something transparent and some 3D astrolabium but don't expect too much

Quote: "your screenshots make me even more hot on dark souls 2"

Huh? Is it similar?

Quote: "really nice work"

Thank you!

@ncmako:
Quote: "Just "Wow" Wolf. Love the look of these. A real sensation of uneasiness. Especially the walls and hallways. I feel your pushing the "envelope" with these."

To be honest, I pushed my skills a little with modelpack 77. This pack here is a little easier for me to do. Unfortunately, most objects might be too big for FPSC Classic. I'm glad you like them! I'm sure that these can be used for some pretty creepy levels if you use the lightmapping system well

Quote: "Hey if you're looking for a constellation design, perhaps you can use the original elder sign as the constellation and just dot the ends and intersections of lines."

Thanks a lot! I'm not going to use this for the constellation thing, but certainly for something else.

@oxid: Thank you!!

Quote: "do your pack will be free or not ?"

No, it will be sold However, I make it a point to keep my packs very affordable.

Here is a little update! Something simple yet useful:

[center]

I'm more than happy to see that the pack has so much interest within the community!

I made a few huge monoliths. These can be used as background decoration but have a texture detailed enough to be used in the middle of your level aswell. They come in 2 variations which use the same texture map, so you dont have to load in 2 huge textures.
The resolution of the diffusemap is 4096*4096. The tga had 48MB but I compressed the .dds down to 8mb.

Flat cristaline surface. The normalmap has no details and the specular map implies some engraved markings below the materials surface.

Unfortunately all of these are way too big for FPSC. I might add them as strict background props in the FPSC version while they will be huge in FPSC Reloaded. There is a scale reference later in this post. I know that its kind of hard to tell how big these are from the screenshots. These are simple boxes, so you can spray a lot in reloaded and make your R'lyeh seem huge!

They look best if you have them blend in with a pitch black sky! Just a little "designtip" You can also use them as modular pieces for bridges or other structures.

I'm aware that these are very simple models, but I think they are quite effective and useful anyway [/center]

-Wolf

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 19:39 Edited at: 8th Nov 2013 19:40
@yrkoon:

Quote: "Maybe, the starmap as such doesn't have to be a flat piece, but rather an irregularly angled, hollow or transparent object, possibly with attachable "alignment devices". Now, If the stars are right AND the object is held correctly with the alignment devices pointing at the right stars,the object lights up, the stronger, the closer we are to the right constellation. UNFORTUNATELY, the alignment devices are of nonlinear design, you know ... ;]"

Alright! I do something transparent and some 3D astrolabium but don't expect too much "

Wolf, Hold on for a minute, THAT was an impromptu injection, cocked up with less thinking than I would have put into it had I known that you are willing to jump on it .
I feel VERY flattered! And challenged to come up with something worthwhile.

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 19:41 Edited at: 8th Nov 2013 19:42
I'm aware that these are very simple models, but I think they are quite effective and useful anyway "

THOSE are more like it!

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
How Freudian of you Perhaps that says more about you than about Lovecraft?
"

What ? Me ? Noooo, admittedly, I'm the greatest Goten-Go fetishist^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Han alive ;].
If e v e r I'll be able to produce something worthwhile at all, it'll most likely be based on the original "Atragon" movie - if only I had some useable 1960's Japanese and -8540's Korean / Mu-an ´characters running around on my harddisk.

Kingius Returns
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 22:02
I believe that the Gods put Cthuluh into Ryleh which is his prison. The gods were unable to destroy Cthuluh, perhaps because it can manifest energy from other universes to make itself effectively invincible, whereas the gods are bound to this universe. From this undersea prison he sleeps and warps the minds of mortal men. There is a cult which is trying to bring Cthuluh back, though it will doom the world if they are ever successful. Lovecraftian lore is very cool.

I suspect that Cloverfield is Cthuluh awakened although that film is deliberately ambiguous.

Is Cthuluh the Krakken? Some friends of mine think so. Is Cthuluh the Titans, or a Frost Giant, Fenris or the World Serpent? Who knows. If Cthuluh is the World Serpent then it will take Thor himself to slay it and it will not happen until the end of time.

Keep up the good work on the models... it looks awesome.
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Huh? Is it similar?"

ok just take this as a compliment

Why I say this:

Your screenshots show how small we can feel in fpsc and this is the same feeling I get in dark souls and I want that feeling in dark souls 2 too.

Make this forum to something a little bit better and release more stuff. So we can push the Request/NoobHelp threads aside.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 11:06
@yrkoon:
Quote: "Wolf, Hold on for a minute, THAT was an impromptu injection, cocked up with less thinking than I would have put into it had I known that you are willing to jump on it"

Well, feedback like this is why I make these work in progress threads. Otherwise I would name it "showcase". It is a good idea so I gladly jump on it.

THOSE are more like it!"

I'll add some more giant blocks then! I think FPSC Packs are generally lacking some 3D primitives anyway (cones, cylinders,cubes etc.)

Quote: " if only I had some useable 1960's Japanese and -8540's Korean / Mu-an ´characters running around on my harddisk."

Old monster movies, eh? Not my branch and I can't model well enough yet to help you out with these chars. However, if you are serious about this, asian basic chars and sets are available on many model sites An old movie style giant monster game would be something new and as I always state: We need more smaller B-movie style videogames!
Its easier now...ertlov already paved the way

Also, altough I don't mind this in my threads, its generally forbidden to double (or triplepost) on the forums. You can "edit" your posts though I'd hate to see a mod slap you for this

@Kingius Returns
Quote: "I suspect that Cloverfield is Cthuluh awakened although that film is deliberately ambiguous.
"

No, the design is entirely different and it generally behaves like a typical giant monster. A cthulhu reign would be more drastic. Mass mind control, changing the time-space continuum and designing our planet more like its homeworld, modified human beings enforcing its reign etc. etc.

Quote: "If Cthuluh is the World Serpent then it will take Thor himself to slay it and it will not happen until the end of time"

You aren't the first to mix these mythologies by the way. The so called "elder god" feeding of the agony of birth and rebirth through the wheel of time in the "soul reaver" games is also based on cthulhu. However, I don't work any of this stuff into this pack

Quote: "Keep up the good work on the models... it looks awesome. "

Thank you!

@corno_1
Quote: "ok just take this as a compliment"

alright!!

I'll admit I haven't played dark souls yet! I will though! Its on my "to buy" list.

-Wolf

yrkoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 13:23 Edited at: 12th Nov 2013 13:24
Hi, Wolf.
Quote: "Old monster movies, eh? Not my branch and I can't model well enough yet to help you out with these chars. However, if you are serious about this, asian basic chars and sets are available on many model sites An old movie style giant monster game would be something new and as I always state: We need more smaller B-movie style videogames!
Its easier now...ertlov already paved the way
"

Well... I was rather thinking of much RPG and little FPS in this.

Although, in the meantime, I am also a FPSC-R Backer and I see that much progress has been made, such monsters would only play a very minor part - if any, possibly only "hearsay/background" apperance - in what I'm intending.

Mystery/Crime/Adventure will count. Since I own the egyptian Model Packs, maybe, if their creator doesn't object, re-texturing and resizing egyptian humans into Muans will do, while the architectural items are simply fine.

And yes, Ertlov did a LOT for thematically opening FPSC.

Also, altough I don't mind this in my threads, its generally forbidden to double (or triplepost) on the forums. You can "edit" your posts though I'd hate to see a mod slap you for this
"

Sorry, that was careless of me, since the matters were basically not connected and occurred to me distributed over time.

Mods: If you read me, I won't do that again, and I apologize for having done it, and apologies likewise to Wolf, although he doesn't really mind.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 14:20
Wolf, this is a subject of which I know nothing about. However, your models are looking really nice mate.

Keep up the good work.

I apologise its not the most constructive comment, but, I can't really critique an artist when they are better than I (plus, I can't see anything that I would say needs improving)

Jay.

Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 09:50 Edited at: 15th Nov 2013 09:50
Wolf, you are too good at this.

Seriously, cut it out

Mr Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2013 10:31