Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / is HALO has go`n the way of counter-strike

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 01:03
how may of you here play on-line HALO, have you noted some ppl takeing imposable shots lake killing you in 3 shots with a hang gun at 200m. and this same ppl never get killed?

now do you remander 2-3 yaers back on counter-strike when a lot of savers hand ppl cheting on them. it just whack the game thay were playing. i meen way do you have to chet what fun can you have if you now you can`t dead or that you can kill some one with out even trying.

i`m not saying that days come to halo yet it may do soon.

ps. the spellsing in this on are ever weras then nomel so sorry if you can`t read this.

--Dr 0--
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 01:11
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing in Links 2001...

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 01:13
I still haven't found a decent Halo server - most games just jerk around...

Mirrors are more fun than television. Well, that was fun, in a not-so-fun sort of way...
TheAbomb12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 01:17 Edited at: 28th Nov 2003 01:20
I played the Halo demo...

that game laaaaaggggggsssss....

anyways...the some weapons are overly powerful...

this pistol for instance, is fairly strong and godly accurate at the same time...while the assualt rifle cant hit anything 10 ft in front of it...

Amist the Blue Skies...
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 03:35
Halo's weapons are very balanced. Assault rifle is very good for enclosed spaces and close combat. I've gotten pwned many times when I'm using the pistol and my enemy is using the assault rifle.

Now remember, if they're good aims, it is quite possible to take you out with five-six pistol shots. If your shields are already down it's only, what, three? And then there's the sniper rifle which only takes two shots. Now I have run into some hacker/cheaters-- people who ran right through two plasma grenades without their shields even flashing, but more commonly the pistol-hackers-- but don't get too jaded because of it, there are some decent servers around, when you find them make sure to remember the names of everyone there!

--Mouse: Famous (Avatarless) Fighting Furball

A very nice %it, indeed.
MushroomHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 12:58 Edited at: 28th Nov 2003 13:03
I have noticed it too ... some guy killed me with one shot of the pistol (it was not sniper rifle definately because you can see the bullet streaks) ... This is impossible because I had 100% health then.

There's a trainer which allows you to cheat on multiplayer too, here's a n00b asking for it (He says it's for singleplayer, yeah yeah!) :-

http://www.halohq.org/forums/showthread.php?t=577
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 14:15
That's the best thing about Call of Duty - The Kill Cam allows you to see exactly who, from where and with what they killed you with which makes for very easy spotting of cheaters. For instance, you can see if they're not aiming at you and you suddenly fall over dead.

Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 16:33
the Assault rifle is not balanced. for a start the shot gun has a more accurate cross hear then the Assault rifle. and you be luck to hit any thing more then 30m away.

but the real un-balanceds come from vehicles take the scorpion tank you have to get close and ues Grande or if it in open grond you have ues 2 Banshees to have any hope take in it down.

--Dr 0--
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 22:28
The Halo weapons are perfectly balanced in the game itself, but online they loose out a bit. The assault rifle is terrible, as are most of the alien weapons. It's virtually impossible to kill someone with the rifle if they're using the pistol, which is why I always always use the pistol. Three head shots and they're dead regardless of how much health they have. Sniper rifle will kill in one shot in the head or two/three anywhere else. Fuel Rod is the most annoying weapon in the game, especially indoors.. it's impossible to avoid sticky gernades are still my favourite though.

I play it online a LOT.. only on UK servers, the Jolt Servers being the best. It doesn't lag if you turn off the sparkly effects and have a GeForce FX5900 ultra

Cheers,

Rich

"It's easy to be mean when death equals a high score screen."
"You can take your Quake and go away, I'd rather play Bubble Bobble any day."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 01:44
Good point, the fuel rod gun is killer... it's nasty against aircrafts too... you loose visibility from the blast .

The lowly plasma gun (I think that's what it's called ) is also absolutely awful. I didn't remember to inlcude it because I never use it.

A very nice %it, indeed.
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 03:01
yes the good old n power it up to full and let it off at some ones head do it 3 time and thay may just died it that uesfull ?

--Dr 0--
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 08:15
Don't forget you have to wait for it to stop 'overheating' before you fire the next shot.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 10:00
You can get five/six off at once before it overheats. Handle it carefuly and you can keep up a pretty steady barrage without it overheating.

The whole charge/overheating thing was new, very innovative IDEA imo.

A very nice %it, indeed.
MushroomHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 12:46 Edited at: 29th Nov 2003 16:17
Sometimes it takes 3 shots to kill someone with fuel rod, I prefer to have grenade launcher as alternative backup, then use fuel rod when all rockets are used. As for Banshees, you can easily kill kill the pilot with a pistol, just aim carefully.

I have never noticed lag down my end (GF ti4400 + forceware drivers) ... play on low ping servers such as Jolt or those BNU-EU servers. Blood gulch!!!! Blood gulch!!!! ... load it dammit
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 14:12
The scorpion tanks are well over-rated too They're extremely slow, the machine gun is about as accurate as a blind Iraqi sniper and the rocket, while powerful, takes ages to reload. Good fun though The jeeps + machine gun are awesome. The one thing I think sucks is that the smaller version of the banshee (I forget what it's called) can kill people instantly by running into them.. that's bad.. thankfully one sticky bomb on their underside and they're toast.

Bloody marvellous game

Cheers,

Rich

"It's easy to be mean when death equals a high score screen."
"You can take your Quake and go away, I'd rather play Bubble Bobble any day."
mm0zct
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 16:27
Quote: "but the real un-balanceds come from vehicles take the scorpion tank you have to get close and ues Grande or if it in open grond you have ues 2 Banshees to have any hope take in it down.
"

sorry but i disagree, i have taken down several scorpion drivers with a pistol, just run round them in circles and they can't turn fast enough to hit you

a good server, if he is on, is one run by my friend it is usually called "new mode" or "!new mode!"

AMD duron 1.3G, 640Mb ram, 40Gb HD, ati saphire radeon 9600 atlantis w/128mb ddr ram, good creative-labs soundcard, cd-rw + dvd drives.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 21:31
Yes, thats correct...

Mirrors are more fun than television. Well, that was fun, in a not-so-fun sort of way...
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 22:43
Nice thing about having properly balanced grenades alongside vehicles and weapons is that it skews the whole balance thing all over again. It's so complex on that level that there really isn't going to be a save-all strategy (unless you know every square inch of the map you're playing on, which changes things). Fun fun

A very nice %it, indeed.
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2003 22:30
i played the xbox version online ages ago which was cool, was limited to only 4 players tho on the gamespy xbox service.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2003 14:14
The shotgun is my fave weapon, esp on 1 player on the flood levels, the shotgun and the rifle are a great mix, personally I like the green covenant gun and that's about it. In multiplayer, I reckon the cov weapons are more usefull, like the spikey gun, great because you can run out and empty the thing into them without worrying too much about accuracy. Standard grenades are a waste of time IMO, the sticky bombs rock so much more, especially when there's a chain reaction .

I've never played the PC version, playing through the X-Box Halo with the boy, I get some mighty strange looks from the missus when I start shouting at him to pull back or have to appologise to him for that dodgy sticky bomb attack that done for him. A good multiplayer game is warthog derby, get a couple of warthogs and about 4 players, and only allow grenades - the objective is to kill people with the warthog while they try and grenade the crud out of whoevers driving.

Rich, you know you can jump outta those ghosts while they're still moving, so if you fly towards someone and they look itchy with those sticky grenades, just wait till they throw then jump off while steering it towards them, if the collision does'nt cut them down then the explosion will .

Van-B

I laugh in the face of fate!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 20:19:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 20:19:19