Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with objects...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 03:42
Um one question, ok i got this problem, i want to view my skybox, since its big i have to extend the camera range, but when i do so, it renders EVERYTHING within the camera range which makes the FPS goes for a nose dive, is there a way, where i can render the skybox, but at the same time, not render unwanted objects? thx a MILLION

If you can't amuse people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity
Shadow Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Why not make your skybox smaller? As long as you position it to the camera's position the player will never hit it. And it doesn't matter if unseen/hidden objects are outside of the skybox.

The other option is to use fog to obscure objects that are to far to be rendered.

I'm using DBPro to write "Suger Free Candyland", for diabetic children!
Mr Pham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 23:32
Well then my sky box would look really cheap, and I do want some other objects to be rendered that are not within the camera range.

If you can't amuse people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity
Clarks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 09:01
Mr Pham when it comes to DBC you can do some wonderful things but remember this. You dont get something for nothing. In each and everything you want to produce in DBC you must pay a price. Thats just the way it is.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 14:46
Make your skybox smaller, but always keep it centred on your camera. That way, the quality won't drop as you move around.

Also you can use fog to hide the fact that objects just appear as they come through you skybox. To do this though, you'll probably want to make your skybox into a skysphere flattened slightly vertically so that the bits you do want to see (above the horizon) aren't hidden too much by the fog.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:49:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:49:19