Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / New to DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 05:53
Just thought I might write a quick message introducing myself. I just purchased DBP last weekend, and am still waiting for it to arrive in the mail, hope it gets here soon.
I have very little programming experience, though I got quite good with the Neverwinter Nights Aurora scripting language, which I believe is based on C++, it was fairly easy, though I was not to good on debugginh, I had a tendancy to not notice certain things such as the '=' and '==' mismatch faults in my code.
Years ago I got quite good with BASIC, back on the old Commodore64, and I pushed that language to its limits, though back then I was very disappointed with those limits, and hope that DBP basicly poos all over it (which I have no doubt that it will, looking at some of the demos and games written with it, I think I will be very interested in what I can do with it). I am looking forward to making things, and wonder if there are any team co-ordinated events on this forum (or elsewhere), I would like to get in with a fairly extensive project where I can learn and contribute at the same time, if any readers know of a place where teams band together to get something spectacular together.
I am modest with 3D graphics, and though I expect there to be a few differences between Commodore64 BASIC and DBP, I feel that I will pick it up fairly quickly.
Am keenly looking forward to putting something together,
AcidSphinx

AcidSphinx
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 07:09
Excellent, another Aussie.

I would suggest the Team Requests board on this forum as that's the 'official' place to join or create teams although it has quite a history of not doing much to help teams. Still, it's worth a look.

Welcome, and I hope your programming goes well.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 08:58
gday mate, welcome to the controlled madness that is this forum.

Theres a few aussies now so you will feel right at home.

go the skippys
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2003 13:00
Ah - another C64 person who did BASIC

Mirrors are more fun than television. Well, that was fun, in a not-so-fun sort of way...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 20:36:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 20:36:11