Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / IAP Screenshot for iOS and testing IAP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 20:08
Hi everyone. I'm finalizing my storefront and I've set up my IAP for Apple. I only have the simulator to work with and it doesn't look like IAP works in the simulator even for testing.
If it does, maybe I am doing something wrong?

My IAPs are all red in iTunes connect and I'm also wondering if this is an issue, but the guides for iOS make it sound like you should be uploading a screenshot of the iOS store UI and not your in-game storefront.

I'm confused and would appreciate any guidance.
Thanks!!

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 20:13
I haven't done anything with IAP, yet.

But, it sounds like you don't have an iOS device to test with. Might I suggest getting an iPod Touch? This is an iPhone without the phone and is what I initially started using to test my iOS apps. A used one can be gotten relatively cheaply at Amazon.com. And 8GB is plenty for basic testing purposes.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 21:01
Ya.. I bought an iPod touch 2nd generation thinking that AppGameKit still made apps for iOS 3 (as stated here), but I didn't think it through properly since I know the iOS target is 5.1 in xCode...
At any rate I sold the iPod touch for $10 more than I bought it for so...
I'm bidding on an iPhone 3GS right now and how to get it for around $50.
I might need to suck it up and buy something more expensive.

At any rate, I'm hoping someone who's set up IAP on iOS will be able to answer. I'm having some of my testers try the IAPs to see if they can get the dialogue up. We'll see.

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I've done IAP for iOS before (Tier 1). The screenshot Apple requires is pretty silly, but you are supposed to submit a screenshot that demonstrates the UNLOCKED FEATURE(S) of your app after the user completes the IAP. So if you have a level overview screen that is locked by default, the IAP screenshot you should uploaded would be the unlocked level overview screen.

For testing, you need to be running the app itself on your device as compiled through Xcode with your own bundle identifier that matches the one on iTunes Connect (com.yourcompany.yourapp). You can't go through an emulator nor through the default AppGameKit Player or Viewer to test IAP. Also if the device is jailbroke IAP won't work properly in most cases. It's kind of a pain, the same holds true for Android though.
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 21:43 Edited at: 5th Dec 2013 21:48
Thanks xCept. Android was easy.
These are consumables, so they don't unlock features... They do add to the user's in-game balance, but that's sort of hard to show unless I show before and after.

When you tested this were you signing with a developer profile or ad hoc/distribution?
My app's signed with ad hoc distro for the beta testers so I'm hoping it works for one of them.
Good to know about it not working with the simulator or with jailbreak!

EDIT:
Apparently it works from one of my tester's devices. Still a bit confused on the screenshot they'd want. I think I'll just be sending them my store front as the IAP dialogue is fairly worthless to them I imagine, but then again I just don't know what they want. In the guide they show a confirmation dialogue...
Also I have a button in my store to buy the ad free version, but that will lead to the iTunes link for the paid version of the app. Hope that's not a problem with them. iOS is a pain

pprem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 12:19
to test your IAP, you must have a test user for the sanbox. it's created with itunes connect.

--
Patrick P.
http://www.gamolf.fr
Naphier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 14:51
thanks, pprem, that's exactly what we did. We'll be using screenshots from that test to submit the IAP as it shows the IAP is connected to the game, plus we're submitting a link to the image of the storefront for the game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 17:25:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 17:25:06