Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with camera y rotation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't move along the y axis when I run this code, any body have any suggestions?

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 15:59
Hi captain caveman,

The title of your request is regarding camera Y rotation, yet you ask about moving along the Y axis here. I ran the program and the Y rotation works fine. I could rotate using the arrow keys or with the mouse with no problem. Moving along the Y axis could eaily be done in your _camera subroutine, like this:

I'm not sure if that is really what you are after. I see you are limiting the X rotation of the camera using the mouse. I wonder if maybe you want to know how to move the camera forward while still being able to look up / down. ??

So many games to code.....so little time.
captain caveman
Years of Service
User Offline
There was a problem with controlling the mouse with the arrow keys and y rotating the camera with the mouse when I ran the code...
captain caveman
Years of Service
User Offline
I can move the camera using the wsad keys while rotating the camera with the mouse:

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 21:49
Typically, rotation using the mouse is not combined with a key to rotate the camera also. Usually, when using the
WASD keys the A and D keys are used for strafing, instead of turning. Your latest _camera subroutine revised to show this:

Check it out to see if this works better for you.

So many games to code.....so little time.
captain caveman
Years of Service
User Offline
Yer that does work better thanks LBFN

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:26:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:26:42