Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Corel Bryce

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 02:00
Does anyone know if I can use Corel Bryce to make games? Is it any good?
Thank You
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 11:50
What's corel bryce? Two different programs as far as I know.
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2003 13:22
Correl Bryce,makes 3d landscapes. It is mostly used to output stills or movies of a scene you make. I "think" you can export a dxf, but don't quote me.

The program is OK, but I am not sure that it would be extremely useful for game development.
sybixsus
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Does anyone know if I can use Corel Bryce to make games?"

Possibly if you were a little more specific about what you wanted to do I could.

It features some nice tools for fractal heightmap generation and manipulation, so you could certainly use it to create your heightmaps. It makes creating some sexy skyboxes very simple, so you could certainly do that.

I think Guyon's right about the exporting, but it's pretty much worthless as a modeller as you have no control over polygons and vertices, which is essential for low poly modelling. You'd be better off exporting your terrains as heightmaps.

I don't think heightmaps and skyboxes are enough to justify the price tag personally. If you already have it, then fair play, but it seems like too much money for a just heightmaps and skyboxes.
D I G I T A L
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2003 02:27
well, if u ask me i used it for making some very cool scenarios and game starting clips and movies. it also has the capability to import .3DS models and turning them to .X
i also made a wallpaper of my game by using Bryce. its got lots of easy-to-make features that can take hours to make by other program.
so in short u can use Bryce for making objects, modifying characters, and like "sybixsus" said, u can make nice skyboxes.

‘Those who ignore the lessons of the past are doomed to repeat them’ (Napoleon)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 11:58:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 11:58:36