Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Minimum System Requirements

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't yet purchased the full version of AppGameKit, and noticed on the website that it requires (minimum) windows XP Service Pack 3, but I had not problems running the Trial Version on XP Service Pack 2, will I need to get a new note book ? or will I be ok because the trial version worked ?

My notebook has wifi but im wondering how the wireless transfer works to my andriod tablet, do I download an App onto my andriod tablet to make it work ?

Yes newbie questions, I just found this product and have decided i'm going to purchase it and start making games, I used Dark Basic many years ago and wrote a Pac Man clone for windows, but i'm now seeing windows as the "old" and multi-OS-target as the "new" way to go, obviously ...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 00:37 Edited at: 19th Jan 2014 00:38
[EDIT]If the basic AppGameKit IDE is working in your version of Windows XP, than you should probably be all right. I don't know what the differences between server pack 2 and 3 are.

You can't broadcast to the Android Player with the AppGameKit Trial version. It only works with Windows. (At least this is what I remember.)

Once you have the full version, assuming that your PC and Android are on the same wireless network, then the broadcast should work. I think some people had some issues with firewalls, but I never ran into that.

AGK has been successfully used by a lot of people to publish in both iOS and Android. (My own WIP is just a few levels away from being ready to publish.)

If you are comfortable with DarkBasic (which I also worked with for a while), then AppGameKit Tier 1 should be good for you. If you are comfortable progamming in C++, the you might come to really love AppGameKit Tier 2 (in case you can't tell, I use Tier 2 for my own work).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master
Boulderdash
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, I found the AppGameKit app at google play and installed it, no problems.

I have decided to upgrade my laptop to Windows 8 anyway since its about time, was a little hesitant getting windows 7...
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2014 16:48 Edited at: 30th Jan 2014 16:50
Before you upgrade to Windows 8, try it out on someone else's computer. A lot of programmers really don't like Windows 8. Microsoft tried to do an OS that worked on both tablets and desktops and sorta messed up (in my opinion and others).

Once you upgrade, a lot of your existing stuff might not work. And going backwards can be a pain in the rear.

Windows 7 is pretty good and fairly stable. It is not drastically different from XP as far as the interface goes. If you get the Pro edition, all your XP stuff will still work just fine. I converted all of my XP machines (two desktops and a laptop) to 7 over the course of 6 months and have been happy with it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester and AppGameKit Master

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 11:13:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 11:13:20