Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Reinstallation problems - Conflict between STYX and Matrix 1 Utils?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2014 09:16 Edited at: 21st Jan 2014 09:30
Ok, so... I just wiped out my entire installation of DPPro and reinstalled everything from scratch.
DBProFreeOnline, DBPro_Update_7.5, Enhansements_Pack, Styx, Matrix_1_Utils, ImageMagic & the BlueGUI replacement.

I restored all my order keys for all my paid add-ons.

And I seem to have a new bug. Every time I tell it to compile and run, it produces an .exe but doesn't launch it. I thought this was an IDE error but I tried the Codesurge IDE and got the same results, exe produced but not launched. By the way, the exe does work as expected when I launch it manually.

There is an error message that appears when I compile. It says something about a conflict between styx and the matrix_1_Util. A "$TRIM()" command that exists in both? See the attached jpeg for the exact error. I thought I had both installed at some time in the past, but now I'm not sure. Is there a conflict?

If it matters, I'm running on Vista Home Basic.

By the way, you can ignore the "not_" in front of the Matrix_1_Utils. I thought maybe if I renamed the dll, it would be ignored so I added the "not_" to that file.

[img]null[/img][href]null[/href]

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything? "Tea for Two". Deep Thought was Dyslexic.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2014 21:13
Yep, that means what it says - both plugins export a function named trim$. You can "fix" it by manually editing the string table of one of the plugins, or simply remove one of them from your plugin folders in case you don't need it (not that that is likely, but it is the usually suggested solution I've seen around here )

"Why do programmers get Halloween and Christmas mixed up?"
Vidiot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2014 06:02
Thanks for the advice. It worked! I downloaded a program called Resource Editor and it did the job perfectly. Rather than remove the entire string function dll, I just removed the TRIM command from Matrix_1_Utils_16.dll.

In editing the string table, I was only able to erase the text next to entries 306 & 307 but I wasn't able to remove the 306 & 307 from the table. Does that matter?

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything? "Tea for Two". Deep Thought was Dyslexic.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:00:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:00:03